This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send PGN with GPS position data to Ray60 VHF radio
Hi,
my Rayamrine Ray60 VHF/radio does not pick up the GPS positioning data that i send out with OpenPlotter 1.0.0 on a Pi with Moitessier HAT and CAN-USB.
I know that OP is broadcasting the positioning data, because i can see it on my Raymarine i70s displays. So it is on the NMEA2000 / STNG network.

I suspect that the radio/vhf expects another PGN (129029), than OP is currently sending (129025) because:
- the Ray60 manual indicates (at page 112) that it expects 129029 GNSS position data.
http://www.raymarine.nl/view/?id=10805
- In OpenPlotter i see on the CAN tab that it sends PGN 129025 Position (and PGN 192026 SOG). But it does not send PGN 129029.

How can i manually add PGN 129029 to the SignalK to N2K converter?

Kind regards,
Bram.
Hi Bram,

How did you manage to send information to your Raymarine?
I did connect the Openplotter converter and I do receive the information from my Raymarine bus (i70).

The information I send from Openplotter is not shown on my i70.

In the 0.x.x version there was a convert to NMEA2000 option available, now in the 1.1.0 version I do not see it anymore. Before there was a huge list of sentences to convert, including something like the device ID of the sending device.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Brian
Hi Brian,
I am using openplotter 1.0.0.

On the CAN tab in OpenPlotter i have selected Enable N2K output.
On that same tab i selected "Signal K to N2K converter", and there i have selected System Time, Heading, Attitude, Positing_Rapid, SOG_COG.
Than i will immediately see the positioning information on my i70s.
But i will not transmit AIS data or the GPS data in the right PGN/sentence for my VHF radio. Still looking how that can be fixed.

I was just looking through the code: https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/b...from-SK.py
The list of PGNs i see in OpenPlotter CAN tab (when i press the "Signal K to N2K converter" button) seems to be hardcoded in there. I thought it was an extendable list. I will ask sailoog if i can extend this myself.

Gr.
Bram.
(2018-08-05, 10:53 PM)Hi Bram,I think I used the same values, I\ll try again.If you scroll trough the setup on the raymarine, do you find the Openplotter device in a list of transducers?Adding our own PGNs would be nice!Thanks Wrote: On that same tab i selected "Signal K to N2K converter", and there i have selected System Time, Heading, Attitude, Positing_Rapid, SOG_COG.

I thought it was an extendable list. I will ask sailoog if i can extend this myself.