This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPENCPN RTLSDR pluggin install on RPI 3B
Hi everyone,
I've tryed to install RTLSDR pluggin to use my RTL dongle as an AIS.
I've used the following command :
sudo apt-get install opencpn-pluggin-rtlsdr
Everything seems to install correctly and i can see the pluggin in conf. page of OPENCPN but i can't enable it.
I can see the Preferences button but can't click on it.
I'm using a 5" HDMI 800*600 touch screen and i can't read the text on the right part of conf. page. So, i think the Enable button is on the right part and i just can't see it.
Does someone has hint or advices to help me ?
Hello,

You don't need to use the plugin.

Openplotter supports the sdr-dongels independently. Calibration included

See doc. https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...eceiver.md

Unfortunately the documentation is not yet complete.

At the top of the taskbar there is a button that clicks. Everything else is self-explanatory. Then you can also multiplex the data.
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Oups,
I forgot to say that i've not installed openplotter bur opencpn on raspbian.
This morning, i've tryed with my tv and Miracle... The Enable button was hidden with the 5" screen.
It does not work cause my RTL dongle is not compatible with the soft.
I've ordered a new one, so, the problem is still here but is different
opencpn forum
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/