This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind Sensors
(2020-12-06, 06:59 PM)rastam4n Wrote: So I printed all the parts, of the Norbert design and I have all the parts or will soon, but I don't know how to get the circuit board printed... produced? Can someone help me with this?

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1666
(2020-12-07, 01:58 PM)jim321 Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 06:59 PM)rastam4n Wrote: So I printed all the parts, of the Norbert design and I have all the parts or will soon, but I don't know how to get the circuit board printed... produced? Can someone help me with this?

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1666

Thanks Jim

With a bit of figuring out I was able to get the PCB design and the schematic loaded, and I was able to generate a BOM from the Schematic. Unfortunately, not many of the parts align with JLCBCB parts, some are discontinued etc... 

Any suggestions? I am really out of my depths here so any help is welcome.
you could try looking here..https://www.mouser.com
(2020-12-07, 11:19 PM)jim321 Wrote: you could try looking here..https://www.mouser.com

Thanks Jim, Unfortunately the Hall Effect Sensors are both discontinued and unavailable it seems everywhere. In fact the speed sensor HAL510 is very rare to start with, I found this German article that does give some info, but I am not sure how to use the data to find a suitable replacement.
Here is what I know
the HAL510
Operating range -40 ... + 100 ° C, 
Voltage 3.8 ... 24 V
Pin 1 voltage input 3.8-24V-

Pin 2 (middle pin) GND

Pin 3 Signal Out
The Hall sensor only reacts to a magnetic north pole, the OUT- Signal applied to GND. Maximum switching frequency 10KHz as well as built-in reverse polarity protection and overtemperature protection.

The other one I cannot find any mention of anywhere!
SM541R with is the direction sensor

Seems odd that someone would use such hard to find parts for a project for no good reason? 
(2020-12-08, 04:27 PM)rastam4n Wrote: ...
and unavailable it seems everywhere. In fact the speed sensor HAL510 is very rare to start with, I found this German article that does give some info, but I am not sure how to use the data to find a suitable replacement.
Here is what I know
the HAL510

Seems odd that someone would use such hard to find parts for a project for no good reason? 

Apparently the hallsensor's descriptors were misspelled in the docs
They should read as HAL501 and SMR451, according to norbert-walter (original german discussion of the device)
Good luck!
(2020-12-09, 07:31 PM)Geronius Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 04:27 PM)rastam4n Wrote: ...
and unavailable it seems everywhere. In fact the speed sensor HAL510 is very rare to start with, I found this German article that does give some info, but I am not sure how to use the data to find a suitable replacement.
Here is what I know
the HAL510

Apparently the hallsensor's descriptors were misspelled in the docs
They should read as HAL501 and SMR451, according to norbert-walter (original german discussion of the device)
Good luck!

Thank you kindly for this information. I was very happy to see this, unfortunately both of these are also difficult to get, min order of 1000 units... :Smile

I must be missing something very simple. I hope I can figure it out.
Hi Guys,

Geronius informed me that people here want to recreate my wind sensor and that they have questions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me in the German sailing forum in English. I am reluctant to answer questions on multiple forums. Otherwise I will lose the overview.

Norbert
(2020-12-10, 09:45 PM)norbert-walter Wrote: Hi Guys,

Geronius informed me that people here want to recreate my wind sensor and that they have questions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me in the German sailing forum in English. I am reluctant to answer questions on multiple forums. Otherwise I will lose the overview.

Norbert

Thank you Mr. Norbert

I have tried many times to join the forum unfortunately I cannot get past the registration page, I keep being sent back to the code of conduct page after I enter my information. 
"Ihre Angaben sind ungültig. Bitte überprüfen Sie die markierten Eingabefelder." 
I was very careful to enter my information correctly and to answer the challenge question, maybe the translation of the answer is incorrect. I am not sure how to get past this.
Kind Regards
Peter
you probably missed checking the box at the bottom of the page to agree to the code of conduct.
Apart from joining the forum to ask questions to Norbert, you may also check the sensor's tech specs here

Michael
Peter you find on Gitlab in the documents my email address. You can me also contact via email.

https://gitlab.com/norbertwalter67/Winds...sensor.pdf