This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindle Paperwhite as KIP Cockpit Display
Beste Bram,

I've put them in the right place I think. Pls see the attachment.

But when I try to connect to the index5.html via the Kindle I still get the following message:

Cannot GET /signalk/kindle/index5.html

While it works if I go via the browser on the raspi (see attachment)

(do not forget I'm a newbeeeeee)

Wink

Bart

Attached Files Image(s)

From kindle Use whole path I gave in post 33 above.
(2019-11-25, 09:33 PM)Saqqara Wrote: From kindle Use whole path I gave in post 33 above.

Dear Saqqara, I followed all the steps as mentioned by you and some others. What I just shared is "where I'm now" ... And I'm stuck as I think I have installed all in the right place (and copied Index5 and settings5; see screenshot on browser on Raspi)

So where do I go wrong?

Best,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Kindle is finally working with my input of the gpsmuouse. Using the index5.html.

The index5.html you find here on this item gets its data from the demo server. So if you don't have an internet connection it does not work. You must change the url settings in file to the 10.10.10.1 setup. Blocking the demo one with // in front of the row and remove the this // from the 10.10.10.1 setting.

It is working now with two lines on the Kindle screen.
Sounds like I might want to buy a Kindle Paperwhite - $85 in Black Friday sale!
The only thing I have to solve is the screen protection switched off.

Is has also a night setting. Then the black and white are reverse. The numbers are then white and the background black.

But look for the watertight version which is IPx8 rated.

Bram
I am following this thread with interest - seems like a great way to go.
Now some questions which someone may be able to clarify:
- would the kindle script also run on a tolino? (anything I need to amend?)
- after the "Kindle_App_Example.zip" download and renaming the index.htm file; later comments refer to index5.html - is this the same file or another one?
- on my OP2 installation I only find the /home/pi/.signalk/node_modules directory (which by default is hidden) - do I extract zip file into a ../kindle directory there?
- and finally can this script also be tested on e.g. a mobile phone (android)

Thanks for any help and would support to have a "e-paper instrument panel" included in the OP dashboard
(2019-11-30, 10:21 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: The only thing I have to solve is the screen protection switched off.

In the Kindle’s search function, initiate a search for ~ds

This will disable screensaver for the session
Does not work here on my paperwhite. I only get list of dictonaries.

Bram
(2019-11-30, 07:03 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Does not work here on my paperwhite. I only get list of dictonaries.

Bram

It won't appear to do anything, it will just no longer display the screen saver.

Home, search bar: ~ds  and then tap the arrow to submit.

Please note that is a tilde and not a dash in front of the letters ds the forum seems to be changing it.