This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vnh20sp30
(2019-11-29, 06:44 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: VNH20SP30 not working, this chip is no longer manufacturered
ST recommend using the VNH5019 instead.

I ordered some VNH5019 modules off AliExpress 10 days ago.  Will try them out when they arrive.

My VNH5019 modules have arrived.  Will try them out soon.
(2019-11-29, 02:13 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Check that pin 7 and 8 are not grounded and reading 5 volts if you get this FWD_FAULT it indicates maybe it is the cause.

Succes!

Ordered a cheap chinese NANO and the FWD_FAULT flag was gone! Maybe I blew up de original, I don't know...
Anyway The motor is responding perfectly and the current sense is working (2.7A reading) in the vnh20sp30.

Also tested a dual N289 (xy-160D) that one also worked fine.

Only thing is I cant get the voltage and temp. readings right. Hope this has nothing to do with the clone arduino.

will leave that out for now and start soldering up and build into my old autohelm800. (with a switch to go back to the old internal compassmode...just to be shure)

thanks everyone for the support. cant wait to test on the water!

greetz, steffen
(2019-12-05, 10:38 AM)CapnKernel Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 06:44 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: VNH20SP30 not working, this chip is no longer manufacturered
ST recommend using the VNH5019 instead.

My VNH5019 modules have arrived.  Will try them out soon.

My VNH5019 modules are working fine in my test setup.  I bought them here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000046778315.html

(I got the single not the dual)

Haven't driven them with PyPilot yet.  That's next.
Hi guys, question. I've got this one: https://www.kiwi-electronics.nl/sparkfun...oto-shield. It contains a vnh2sp30 which can be directly mounted on the Arduino UNO.
This board doesn't have the EN CS INA INB PWM pins, but instead will connect directly to the arduino.
Was wondering if there is a motor.ino available for this pin layout.

Kind regards,

Jamos
Last night was the first time I hooked the Rpi Zero W up to the nano with the VNH5019.  It's working!  I can rotate the RPi and the motor responds accordingly.  I can't wait to try it out on my boat!
(2019-12-31, 06:33 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: Last night was the first time I hooked the Rpi Zero W up to the nano with the VNH5019.  It's working!  I can rotate the RPi and the motor responds accordingly.  I can't wait to try it out on my boat!

Hi!

My VNH5019 arrived today.

Did you connect both EnA and EnB on VNH5019 to D10 on Arduino?
I suggest ena and enab to pin D2 and D3, but use D9 for PWM. It's all in the motor.ino sketch which already supports it with #define VNH2SP30
(2020-02-14, 04:36 PM)Ola_H Wrote:
(2019-12-31, 06:33 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: Last night was the first time I hooked the Rpi Zero W up to the nano with the VNH5019.  It's working!  I can rotate the RPi and the motor responds accordingly.  I can't wait to try it out on my boat!

My VNH5019 arrived today.

Did you connect both EnA and EnB on VNH5019 to D10 on Arduino?

For my test version I didn't connect ENA and ENB to anything, because my reading of the Pololu datasheet is that these pins are pulled high, and thus default to enabled.  

In the next version that I'm designing now, I will connect CS from the VNH5019 to a voltage divider and read it on the nano's A0.  

(2020-02-15, 03:13 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I suggest ena and enab to pin D2 and D3, but use D9 for PWM.   It's all in the motor.ino sketch which already supports it with #define VNH2SP30

To get the VNH5019 working, as far as I remember, I just changed these four lines in motor.ino:

Code:
#define VNH2SP30 // defined if this board is used
#define DISABLE_TEMP_SENSE    // if no temp sensors avoid errors
#define DISABLE_VOLTAGE_SENSE // if no voltage sense
#define DISABLE_RUDDER_SENSE  // if no rudder sense

This is exciting!  Tell us how you go!
I think it is

INA, INB on pins 2, 3
pwm - 9
enable - 10
(2020-02-15, 03:45 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I think it is

INA, INB on pins 2, 3
pwm - 9
enable - 10

Thanks, that's is my current wire-up. Works.

I think I could disconnect both enable pins, according to data sheet.