This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I send OpenCPN routes/waypoints to autopilot via Openplotter?
(2019-07-11, 07:35 AM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Is it possible to send routes from Opencpn to a Raymarine Evolution AP?
The aim is to auto-advance routes without the need to confirm course changes on every waypoint.

What is the easiest way to achieve this?
Is SignalK needed, or is there a possibility to do this with a Opencpn plugin, only?

Any hints how to configure the feature would be great!

Martin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

If your Raymarine works with GPX files, then you can export your OpenCPN routes to GPX file.
(2019-03-25, 11:11 PM)LaMare Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 11:39 PM)mikedeflieslife Wrote: Unfortunately I'm still stuck on this. Can anyone confirm they have a modern Raymarine Evolution autopilot with SeatalkNG successfully being controlled/sending waypoints etc.. by OpenCPN via Openplotter?

If so, can you kindly list the steps you went through to get it working?

Hi, Mike. I have an RPI3B+ and sending information to Evo-200 linear.
I dont have the same Can-bus, mine is a Furuno and teh connection from OCPN is an USB NMEA 0183 inteface, but I do not know if it differ so much. I did my setup in the plotter OCPN where you decide what to transmitt and did not use the K-plex. I also had to make something in the P70 display before I got it to work. Can not remember.
I am not in my boat now but will be comming weekend.
Send me a note if you want to get in contact.

PS. One thing I remember was that I had to go for a trip with the boat to manage to get it going in the end when activating a WP. The autopilote did not react tied up in port DS.

I have never been able to make this work. SK "sees" the data from OpenCPN, but my Evolution 400 never responds. So far, I make it work by sending OpenCPN data out through a Yacht Devices YDWG-02, which can auto confirm waypoint advancement. I'd really like to be rid of that, however, but I'm missing something... @SignalK/SignalK-Autopilot and WilhemSK both can control the Evolution 400 just fine, but it never picks up RMC,RMB,APD info sent through SignalK, so I assume I'm missing something in the SK set up... That info just doesn't make it back out on to the SeatalkNG backbone.