This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Epsolar plugin for SignalK
I just finshed a little bit of python code that reads 1 to 4 epsolar tracer charge controllers. It works with the
the sk-plugin-python-demo.
The link to my plugin is Epsolar plugin.
I still has a few issues but it works.
It sends data to the SignalK server and has some configuration set up in the plugin config.
If it sees a epsolar device connected to the RPI via usb. It will configure, connect and send data.
well after a bit of a melt down here is the new link.... https://github.com/dmdelorme/sk-plugin-p...psolar.git
This serves also as an exsmple of a Signal K server plugin written in Python. There’s tons of Python for interfacing with sensors, so now you can embed that code in the server, including configuration in the server admin user interface. And the plugin can be distributed via the App store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its been a while since this thread was last posted but I am interested in connecting my EPSolar AN series MPPT controller to my RPi setup. Can it be used with the RPi4 and OPV2?

Thanks
yes but, I have an issue with the code and need to sit and do some rewriting. there is an issue with the config and some issues with the epsolar lib.
(2020-03-05, 01:08 AM)ddelorme Wrote: yes but, I have an issue with the code and need to sit and do some rewriting. there is an issue with the config and some issues with the epsolar lib.

Thanks for the quick response. Perhaps you can post back when you have had time to sort it out.
(2020-03-05, 01:08 AM)ddelorme Wrote: yes but, I have an issue with the code and need to sit and do some rewriting. there is an issue with the config and some issues with the epsolar lib.

howdy, just checking in if you've been able to work on this. I am just getting started getting EPSolar, RECBMS, WS500 data into Signal K and wherever there is already code available I love to use and study.

thanks .....

Ernie
s/v Patience - We gain freedom when we have paid the full price.........
I'd like to try this, but I struggle with linux a bit. I have a Renogy Commander 60, which is basically an EPSolar iTracer 60. I found an EPSolar RS485-USB cable online and, after much messing around, was able to get the driver installed and the correct /dev/ttyXRUSB0 showing (although it took out some other stuff, which I'll fix later). But I do not understand how to check to see if info is coming through on this port or how to get it into SignalK.

So, I'm happy I found this thread, as it's the closest I've come to an answer yet.

I'm happy to try it out, just need guidance on how to get it in there.

Steve
Follow-up: I've been successful at getting my Renogy Commander connected to the Pi using the Exar driver for the E/ITracer usb cable using and interfacing it with Python using this respository https://github.com/devlpr/mpptCommander.

So the data is in there. Not to get that data into SignalK...
I solved this problem! Almost by accident, but solved it no less, using Node-Red.

I found this: https://github.com/AdamWelchUK/NodeRedEPEverDashboard

And was able to get the data out of the Renogy Commander 60. It took some messing around, but I was able to get pertinent data into SignalK using strategically placed "send-path-to-signalk" nodes and it all works!

If anyone is interested, I can send you the json codes from my set up to insert these, if needed. Uses Modbus and should work with various EPSolar-type chargers.