This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting PCBs made?
Just in the process now of designing one, jlcpcb will do ten 10cm x 10cm for $2! Now would it be a good idea for people to save their pcb designs somewhere for everyone to use? (like here Wink).
Using easyeda to design, online and seems quite good, design your pcb and they will get both the pcb and the components sent to you to solder and admire Smile So far doing an LED anchor light constant current regulator and thinking about an esp32 board. So for the esp, sockets to mount the 32, plus same for a bme280 pressure, ina219 current sensor (which can piggy back on a battery monitor shunt to log current in/out), probably a couple ads1115 voltage sensors and terminals for ds18b20 thermometers plus maybe 2 or 3 transistor switched outputs & some terminals for inputs.
Think of anything else?
Slight setback is i don't actually know anything about pcb design but how hard can it be Wink

Anyone interested?

I've had an Esp sending data to a Pi for ages now, works really well and means you don't need to go anywere near those delicate Pi gpio pins and put it where ever you want to make wiring easier.

Not sure if this link will work...
https://easyeda.com/editor#id=6550262f31...c9e3f216fa

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
its was a long time ago.
i used itead for the boards $10 for ten boards you can choose the thickness of the board and copper +test. i cant remember the program i used, i do remember it had a rats-nest button that tidied everything up.
the link works ok
too bad i cant post a photo you would get a good laugh from one of my proto boards
mmm i use osh park $$$ but it is fast i use kicad.. they make money off me as i Fu lots. good idea i usually just post to git.

PaddyB you should look at my epsolar project and mast head sensor as between the 2 you could tell if "it was night, turn on light" Whoo Rhyming. .. Need a clapper for openplotter.. I have a register i did not read that tells night and a timer on how long and how much past threshold it engages.
(2019-02-05, 05:27 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Just in the process now of designing one, jlcpcb will do ten 10cm x 10cm for $2! Now would it be a good idea for people to save their pcb designs somewhere for everyone to use? (like here Wink).
Using easyeda to design, online and seems quite good, design your pcb and they will get both the pcb and the components sent to you to solder and admire Smile So far doing an LED anchor light constant current regulator and thinking about an esp32 board. So for the esp, sockets to mount the 32, plus same for a bme280 pressure, ina219 current sensor (which can piggy back on a battery monitor shunt to log current in/out), probably a couple ads1115 voltage sensors and terminals for ds18b20 thermometers plus maybe 2 or 3 transistor switched outputs & some terminals for inputs.
Think of anything else?
Slight setback is i don't actually know anything about pcb design but how hard can it be Wink

Anyone interested?

I've had an Esp sending data to a Pi for ages now, works really well and means you don't need to go anywere near those delicate Pi gpio pins and put it where ever you want to make wiring easier.

Not sure if this link will work...
https://easyeda.com/editor#id=6550262f31...c9e3f216fa

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Definitely interested. Was thinking about the same thing with the ESP32.

Have soldered up a few prototyping boards to test it out and so far so good. Nothing fancy just ESP32, buck converter and added a RJ45 jack to use for easy I2C cabling.

Easy GPIO access would be great.
Hi,

I will definitely give jlcpcb a try because you can bundle your component order
at LCSC together with the pcb order at JLCPCB to save delivery costs.

https://lcsc.com/

I will let you know how the quality is.
(4 layer board with 0.15 mm trace and 0.2 mm via size)

I already tested pcbway last year and the quality was the same as from
a german pcb factory.

Chris
I would post mine once there tested or before with a warning. I use Kicad and another java app to do the routing. I cant do smd as I shake to bad. But I would be willing to share and get pointers.
The ESP32 is a nice useful little board lot of pins, fast supports rtos and dual cores and the ability to program ota. This site has issues with pictures i have never been able to get one to upload. We could add a link to a community Git page. since all or most boards have code. I would also like printable cases.
So which ESP32 I wonder. Thinking of going expressive  dev kit which is a bit wider than esp8266.
a design with esp32 chip that can be soldered to the board and headers to plug in a dev board ? that would give you a choice of which to use.
i like the dev boards myself
I have a feather32 i like to use a socket as it makes it easy to replace the MCU. I have a bag of esp8266 modules that can be soldered cheap small but additional circuits are required. i like to do every thing in a proto board first so i never actually use them
Just got my PCB back yesterday. all the parts fit but i missed a issue with my footprint and had the pin numbers on one side backwards.. I had to cut a trace from the 5 volt line and solder a wire to the right pin and change a line in the code... Ahhhh.. frustrating. But it works and found and fixed the problem in my pcb..