This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting PCBs made?
Having another play with this today, not quite there yet but getting there >
[Image: yR60x9b.png]
[Image: K2Lq3sQ.png]
So 2 x ads1115 voltage sensors, 2 x ina219 current, terminals / female header for those plus 2 more sda/scl/vcc/gnd , 10 gpio pins and 2 x ds18b20.
First time so look about right? Anything else you'd add?
Ta
With some more fiddling...
[Image: AUK7RZo.png]
Almost there, hope it works..... Cool

[Image: xKZ1Tnz.png]

[Image: 7vUzhNK.png]
Looks good PaddyB!

I have been messing around with a chain counter using two waterproof home alarm magnetic door sensors and an ESP32. Counting is done using ESP Easy rotary encoder function. ESP32 Sends info via MQTT to OP/Node Red for processing.

Works great up and down (on desk). Installing it in windlass in the next few weeks.

Drew up a simple PCB to mount in a waterproof enclosure up in the chain locker.

[Image: downImg?orderUuid=644cb0f99c524b7f993e71...5&type=top]
I haven’t used JLC PCB before, the fab seems just began the international market in 2017.
I prefer to use Seeed Studio prototype PCB service for they have more than 10 years' manufacturing experience. I've tried their service three times, all is well.
Thanks for the tip. Ill try them next time Smile
Can confirm that Seeed studio has good pcb service.

Regarding your pcb design, it appears your power and ground signals are minimum width. That may work, but you may want to consider making Vdd (power) thicker, and then using a ratsnest for the ground plane.
Hi guys,

i want to show you the stencil-fix from eurocircuits. I am using it for years but i guess the most of you
haven´t heared of this genious solder paste printing fixture?

Even if i order pcbs to solder them in the maker-space i add the two holes needed for the stencil-fix.
Just in case the paste printer is blocked or i want to solder one prototype only at home.

All you need to buy is the stencil fix from eurocircuits, it costs less then $20:
[/url][url=https://be.eurocircuits.com/shop/offtheshelf/product.aspx?ad=9565&ano=eC-stencil-fix&an=eC-stencil-fix&s=ec-consumables]https://be.eurocircuits.com/shop/offtheshelf/product.aspx?ad=9565&ano=eC-stencil-fix&an=eC-stencil-fix&s=ec-consumables

You need to define the fixing holes in your pcb and paste layer according to this document:
https://www.eurocircuits.de/wp-content/u...5B1%5D.pdf

This photo shows the stencil-fix and my pcb. You can see the smaller pins that holds my pcb in place and
the longer pins that holds the stencil in place:
[Image: e217b4716e_album.jpg]

Here with my pcb in place and the 5 mm holes needed in the stencil:
[Image: 38a32e37bf_album.jpg]

The pcb and the stencil are aligned almost perfectly. You don´t need to adjust anything:
[Image: 92b1b27772_album.jpg]

Now put the solder paste above the stencil cutouts and use an old credit card
to apply it:
[Image: 2bfcea6027_album.jpg]

Voila, the result:
[Image: de4ad6ef91_album.jpg]

As i said before, you get good results without any fixing tapes or adjustments.
This can be improved if you tape the stencil. For this pcb there is no need for
more precision: (48 pin lqfp, pitch 0.5 mm, 0603 components)

[Image: 78685f2233_album.jpg]

I hope you have more fun soldering smd components from now!  Cool

All the best,
Chris

Important:
If you define the pad for the stencil, set the paste mask expansion to zero.
Otherwise your software will automatically add a paste mask expansion!

Also make sure the pad for the pcb is not covered with solder mask and there
is no pad on the paste mask...

[Image: e801da171d_album.jpg]
Hi guys, I would recall the wire wrapping, as a very reliable way of prototyping, or of cabling and interconnecting in small series. Its qualities are :
  • It is the cheapest as you can get the only required tool for 12 to 15 € ;
  • you can use it instantly : no need to order and wait ...
  • It is totally reversible, changeable, corrections and modifications are easy and present the same clean aspect than initial cabling ;
  • It presents a huge dependability, 1st generation of telephone digital exchanges used it extensively ;
Have a look to these Youtube video   , or this one
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

If anyone has any interest in a  2 channel current/voltage sensor that will interface any current shunt (low side or high side) and provide NMEA0183 data out of battery voltage and current flow (one channel for charging current, one for discharge), let me know. Boards are going off shortly.

If there is interest I will make them available on eBay or whatever once tested.

[Image: wEGDuXN.jpg]