This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] IMU address conflict
Tongue 
Today the data from my MPU9250 disappeared. Took a look and see that in I2C tab,  IMU-92xx no longer exists and perhaps has been replaced with MS-560702BA03.  It has address 0x77 - which is same address assigned to my BMP180. Pypilot tab shows IMUs detected:0 - but still has checkboxes selected for imu.heading and pitch, roll.

How to fix?  Undecided
what does this command show

sudo i2cdetect -y 1

was it working before and what have you done to it lately .?
i know bmp-280 works i have never tried the bmp-180.
it is setup to use bmE-280 that has a humidity sensor .
the mpu should be 0x68 or 0x69
this is how mine looks with mpu-9255 and bmp280.
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: 40 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 68 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: 70 -- -- -- -- -- 76 --
my bad - i had managed to switch wires to scl/sda...  fixed that and MPU9250 now recognized at 0x68 - all good now. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for the help jim321.