This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMUType Value gets overwritten
Hi  All, 

I have an LSM303DLHC Sensor Acceleration and Compass.  

According to the file RTIMULib.ini in /home/pi/pypilot the correct value for this sensor is IMUType 4. 

The thing is when I configure this value by hand in the mentioned file and go to the pypilot tab in openplotter the sensor is correctly detected and displayed. 

When I then change the pypilot status to IMU only and apply the change. The file RTIMULib.ini gets overwritten with a new value for IMUType = 13.

No matter what I tried so far the value gets reset to 13. 

Is anybody having an idea what could be the cause of this behavior and how I can get it fix on type 4. 

I use oppenploter v1.2 

Kind regards,
didi
I was able to fix pyplot to use IMUType 4 by editing boatimu.py by dsiabling auto detection. However I get the following error in the terminal where I started openplotter.

Using settings file RTIMULib.ini
Using fusion algorithm Kalman STATE4
IMU Name: L3GD20 + LSM303DLHC
min/max compass calibration not in use
Using ellipsoid compass calibration
Using accel calibration
Incorrect L3GD20 id 60
ERROR: IMU Init Failed, no inertial data available

Any ideas?

best regards,
didi