This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMEA 0183 Wi-Fi Gateway YDWN-02
I've come across this NMEA 0183 Wi-Fi Gateway and wonder if I can connect it to OpenPlotter rather than using the dongle? I have bought the dongle but I am struggling to run the wire from the NMEA 0183 repeater, so I was hoping to just connect this gateway, but I am not sure how to connect OpenPlotter to receive and send from/to the gateway.

Anyone have some pointers?
regards
Trevor
I'm using the YDWG-02 but i guess the setup is similar. As my raspberry is always on I'm using it as a router and connected the YDWG to it. In the YDWG you can easily setup a NMEA dataserver (mine is on adress 10.10.10.10:1456) and everything just worked.
You could try the NMEA2000 gateway from Quark-Elec (https://www.quark-elec.com/product/qk-a0...l-gateway/). From that you could use USB or WIFI to connect to Openplotter. I'm using their SeaTalk/AIS/GPS/NMEA box, and I use USB to get data to Openplotter.