This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INA219
Hi,

I am at my wits end trying to manipulate this sensor to work in OP. I call myself a basic beginner at programming and was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction or talk me through how to add the INA219 sensor to OP through the tools section? I have tried countless times and every time it has not worked.

FYI: I am trying to measure the shunt voltage and current off my existing NASA Marine battery monitor and publish these in OP/SignalK. It’s more of an issue now because I am moving my yacht to a swinging mooring and wish to keep an eye on it remotely.

I’m have tried the ESP8266 approach but cannot get the data into SK/OP (I tried the Adafruit guide on this to no avail)

Can anyone help please? I’m sorry if it’s too basic an issue for some members to help with but I really am desperate now.

Thanks Very Much In Advance.

EDIT: I have also tried the INA3221 and it worked publishing into SignalK/OP but it published 0v/0a continually.
(2019-03-27, 05:21 PM)AliceJ21 Wrote: Hi,

I am at my wits end trying to manipulate this sensor to work in OP. I call myself a basic beginner at programming and was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction or talk me through how to add the INA219 sensor to OP through the tools section? I have tried countless times and every time it has not worked.

FYI: I am trying to measure the shunt voltage and current off my existing NASA Marine battery monitor and publish these in OP/SignalK. It’s more of an issue now because I am moving my yacht to a swinging mooring and wish to keep an eye on it remotely.

I’m have tried the ESP8266 approach but cannot get the data into SK/OP (I tried the Adafruit guide on this to no avail)

Can anyone help please? I’m sorry if it’s too basic an issue for some members to help with but I really am desperate now.

EDIT: I have also tried the INA3221 and it worked publishing into SignalK/OP but it published 0v/0a continually.

I've had this working, surprisingly accurate. I did it using an ESP8266 sending Signalk to Openplotter. The boat is in bits at the moment but the messy code must be somewhere, I could put it on github and send a link. 

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1448
(2019-03-27, 05:54 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 05:21 PM)AliceJ21 Wrote: Hi,

I've had this working, surprisingly accurate. I did it using an ESP8266 sending Signalk to Openplotter. The boat is in bits at the moment but the messy code must be somewhere, I could put it on github and send a link. 

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1448

I did try this too Smile if you could post the code it would be very much appreciated! [emoji4]