This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Hardware for openplotter?
Hi gypsylion,
thanks for your answer.

Seatalk: I have seen the work of Thomas Knauf. My Problem with seatalk is not the "hardware" side. I have adapt the seatlak  to uart. Uart have also an inverted pegel. I get data on the Pi, but I do not find a way to read 9bit of seatalk data.
Theoreticly the sc16is752 can read 9 bit. But i have not find a way to configurate the linux driver for the sc16is752 I2c/Uart to 9bit.

NMEA0183: I used a max 3485. This use rs485/422. Also Real NMEA. The Problem is, the ST60 have no RS485 /422 or RS232 compatible format. The ST60 switch the - on/of. 
Here you find a thread to this:
"The Raymarine output is a constant +11V on NMEA+ and NMEA- is floating and switches to ground for ON.
That will not work with any single ended input; all you are doing is applying a constant +11V to the NMEA IN." (http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php...ost5179893)
Thank you for your information

I think the ST60+ does not translate SeaTalk sentences to NMEA183 but only the NMEA183 sentences to SeaTalk.
The NMEA output functions as an input repeater.
I'll tell you in case you wanted to use it to convert Seatalk to NMEA183.
(2019-09-16, 02:25 PM)gypsylyon Wrote: Thank you for your information

I think the ST60+ does not translate SeaTalk sentences to NMEA183 but only the NMEA183 sentences to SeaTalk.
The NMEA output functions as an input repeater.
I'll tell you in case you wanted to use it to convert Seatalk to NMEA183.

Yes, there is an output on a number of ST60+ instruments that provides NMEA 0183 output. Unfortunately, there is no checksum, but that can be easily remedied with a NodeRed script. Autopilot instruments will accept NMEA input only.
First I have ordered 10 modules.
I hope I have fix all problems. I hope the new modules arrives next week.
At the Moment I have not order the adapter for the Moitessier hat because I want to recheck first.
If all Works fine, I design the adapter, the Input/output modul with mcp23017 and possibly the Controler adater for seatalk1 ;-)
If anybody have other wishes let me know… :-)
(2019-09-23, 06:16 PM)glowntiger Wrote: First I have ordered 10 modules.
At the Moment I have not order the adapter for the Moitessier hat because I want to recheck first.
If all Works fine, I design the adapter, the Input/output modul with mcp23017 and possibly the Controler adater for seatalk1 ;-)

Well, I'm waiting. As soon as everything is ready let me know, hello and good job.
(2019-09-23, 06:16 PM)glowntiger Wrote: First I have ordered 10 modules.

Ciao glowntiger, news for your card?   Cool Smile
I hope next week... ;-)
Hi,
yesterday arrived the first new Modul.
I hope the next days the next 9 arrived so i can send the first… ;-)

Here some impressions:
-I have expand the time the 12V enable switches to 0 until the dropdown converter shuts off to ~50s.

The V1.1 Board:

The NMEA Data of a evermore SA920:

The CAN Data of a KNS tank level sensor:

The Data of the 1-wire:

Here with a pi4:

(2019-10-06, 11:16 AM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi,
yesterday arrived the first new Modul.
I hope the next days the next 9 arrived so i can send the first… ;-)

Here some impressions:
-I have expand the time the 12V enable switches to 0 until the dropdown converter shuts off to ~50s.

The V1.1 Board:

The NMEA Data of a evermore SA920:

The CAN Data of a KNS tank level sensor:

The Data of the 1-wire:

Here with a pi4:

Can the Moitessier hat be added and used?
the 40 pin header could be changed to a stackable one with the socket on the back for the pi and pins on front to plug in the Moitessier hat. ?
40 pin cable with two connectors.?