This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Hardware for openplotter?
(2020-06-02, 08:46 AM)glowntiger Wrote: For information:
In the next app Version the MCS is able to READ! Seatalk1.
For this you can connect the yellow seatlk1 wire  to one of the inputs (In1-In4) and you get the Data from the Seatalk bus!

You Sir, are amazing!
Can't wait to get this up and running. Have you already made a plugin to decode Seatalk to.. what?
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 42.2 - All Openplottered and hooked up on online.
(2020-06-03, 02:01 PM)flybob Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 08:46 AM)glowntiger Wrote: For information:
In the next app Version the MCS is able to READ! Seatalk1.
For this you can connect the yellow seatlk1 wire  to one of the inputs (In1-In4) and you get the Data from the Seatalk bus!

You Sir, are amazing!
Can't wait to get this up and running. Have you already made a plugin to decode Seatalk to.. what?
Hi flybob,
the App convert the hex-signs to a $STALK string. This can send to SignalK and SignalK converts it to SignalK deltas... ;-)
So all is done... ;-)

@Sailoog:
I have further upload the stand alone script. If you want you can add this directly to Openplotter. You can use instead of the MCS an optocopler on the GPIO of the Pi... ;-)
https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/Seatalk1-Raspi-reader
MCS app is missing in Openplotter settings 2.3.0, it used to be there right?
Have you install the mcs app? Its first there after you have install the app manual one time...?
(2020-06-04, 02:05 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Have you install the mcs app? Its first there after you have install the app manual one time...?

Yes, i have it installed a while ago, but after reinstalling the Openplotter app yesterday it's gone.

Probably time to do a re-install Smile
(2020-06-04, 01:35 PM)glowntiger Wrote: @Sailoog:
I have further upload the stand alone script. If you want you can add this directly to Openplotter. You can use instead of the MCS an optocopler on the GPIO of the Pi... ;-)

That is really amazing. Do you think this one could work?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32719957788.html

[Image: HTB18wzIMVXXXXbsaXXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg]
[Image: HTB1nN64MVXXXXbQXXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg]
(2020-06-03, 01:22 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi niklun,
do not know you exactly system setting....
Have you enable the autoshutdown mode in the MCS APP before you have use this mode as described in the Manual?
If you have not enable this widget, the pi stops hard... !!!
Yes, I have enabled the auto shutdown option. Now I don't trust. I turn off the RPI from software, not through MCS switch. But I'd like to turn it off at the switch. Is there any way to control the shutdown dynamics through the MCS switch? This to check if the times are correct.
My system is composed of: RPI 4 - HAT Moitessier - MCS

Thanks
Comet 1000 - Openplotter under construction
(2020-06-04, 06:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 01:35 PM)glowntiger Wrote: @Sailoog:

That is really amazing. Do you think this one could work?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32719957788.html

[Image: HTB18wzIMVXXXXbsaXXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg]
[Image: HTB1nN64MVXXXXbQXXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg]

Hi Sailoog,
you can use it, but you must invert the Logic of pigpio.
On the MCS a physical high on the Stalk is a high on the GPIO => logical0
If you use this optocoppler a high on the stalk is a low on the GPIO. Then you must use a invert of the data:
http://abyz.me.uk/rpi/pigpio/python.html...ial_invert

(2020-06-04, 07:44 PM)niklun Wrote:
(2020-06-03, 01:22 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi niklun,
do not know you exactly system setting....
Have you enable the autoshutdown mode in the MCS APP before you have use this mode as described in the Manual?
If you have not enable this widget, the pi stops hard... !!!
Yes, I have enabled the auto shutdown option. Now I don't trust. I turn off the RPI from software, not through MCS switch. But I'd like to turn it off at the switch. Is there any way to control the shutdown dynamics through the MCS switch? This to check if the times are correct.
My system is composed of: RPI 4 - HAT Moitessier - MCS

Thanks

Yes,
if the shutdown enable is activ, shutdown via the 12V enable terminal. Then look if the Pi shuts down or not. The power of the pi shuts off after ca.:40s. Until then the pi have to shut down....
Hi Thomas, I'm a little hard on understanding things. In your latest MCS 2.1.7 app is there already the change for St1? And if I understand correctly with this solution, OP2 and OpenCPN only receive St1 data and therefore it is not bidirectional, right or am I missing something?

Ciao Thomas, sono un po' duro a capire le cose. Nell'ultima tua app MCS 2.1.7 c'e' gia' la modifica per St1? E se ho capito bene con questa soluzione OP2 e  OpenCPN ricevono solo i dati St1 e quindi non e' bidirezionale, giusto o mi sfugge qualcosa?  Huh Cool
Hi,
ST1 is availible in the app since 2.1.8 (published today)
be sure pigpio is installed:

Code:
sudo install pigpio

Connect the yellow st1 wire to one of the Inputs: (In1-In4)
In the widget you can chose wich Input you use. On the Data-Output tab you can chosse the UDP Port.
The best way I think is to use SignalK. Make a udp Connection with the Port you choose and set NMEA0183 Data. Then you get all Data in Signal K. An $STALK parser is in the NMEA0183 SignalK app intigratet.
The reason why you only recieve data from the bus is the electric site and owed it that pigpio can only read bitbanging seatalk1!