This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Hardware for openplotter?
I removed dtoverlay = mcp2515 .... and rebooted. Then I put the line back in the config.txt and rebooted. Here's what it turns out. As before in the Can Bus app, the SPI0 CE1 is found but no connection to SignalK and the CAN is not on MCS.

Comet 1000 - Openplotter under construction
why you have the i2c-gpio line in your config.txt??
The rest looks o.k...

You hgave done a reboot after you have delet/create the can entrys?
(2020-12-17, 02:11 PM)glowntiger Wrote: why you have the i2c-gpio line in your config.txt??
The rest looks o.k...

You hgave done a reboot after you have delet/create the can entrys?

I do not know. I only have a temperature sensor on the 1-wire. I didn't put the I2C line.
Do not edit any file manually, use only the openplotter interface:

- Remove the mcp2515 device
- Reboot
- Create the mcp2515 device again
- Reboot
- Create the signal k connection
(2020-12-17, 10:08 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Do not edit any file manually, use only the openplotter interface:

- Remove the mcp2515 device
- Reboot
- Create the mcp2515 device again
- Reboot
- Create the signal k connection

Forgive me, I redid everything as per your advice. Nothing .... as you can see in the picture it is created, but the link to "add connection" for SK is not active. This is the big problem ... I no longer have the possibility to create the connection to SignalK.

@sailoog,
I have take a look on niklun´s system. The settings are right. There are many errors and warnings in the dmesg for the Firmware...
Further there is a error for the spi:
[ 7.113517] spi-bcm2835 fe204000.spi: chipselect 0 already in use
[ 7.113543] spi_master spi0: spi_device register error /soc/spi@7e204000/spidev@0

Do you have an idear how this behavor happened?
Moitessier and MCP2515 are disabled at this time. Means moitessier deinstalled and MCP deleted in can (no config.txt entry...
I'll update. Today I made the new installation from the image openplotter. The one posted on the forum by Saillog. So with the Kernel 5.4.79. The usual I had. Positive surprise, everything works perfectly ..... with the usual errors and warnings of the -dmesg, no changes to that effect but the system works. Therefore, the errors are not hardware. It remains for me to apply the temperature sensor on the 1-wire door. As soon as done I will give new news. If you understand something about mistakes ....

Bye for now, and good wind.
I am working on a custom HAT for the RPI. Does anybody know if OpenPlotter supports the ICM-20948 or what are my alternatives for a compass&gyro?
(2020-12-20, 09:06 PM)jmiha Wrote: I am working on a custom HAT for the RPI. Does anybody know if OpenPlotter supports the ICM-20948 or what are my alternatives for a compass&gyro?

we are working on MPU-925x replacement: https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/issues/59
(2020-12-20, 04:07 PM)niklun Wrote: I'll update. Today I made the new installation from the image openplotter. The one posted on the forum by Saillog. So with the Kernel 5.4.79. The usual I had. Positive surprise, everything works perfectly ..... with the usual errors and warnings of the -dmesg, no changes to that effect but the system works. Therefore, the errors are not hardware. It remains for me to apply the temperature sensor on the 1-wire door. As soon as done I will give new news. If you understand something about mistakes ....

Bye for now, and good wind.

I was about to recommend a fresh start as you did. Your problem sounds like a corrupted kernel and tracking such problems is not worth. If you or someone reports the same problem again we should investigate deeper.