This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Hardware for openplotter?
(2021-01-14, 07:56 AM)Sailabout Wrote: If there is an address conflict, you could perhaps use a I2C multiplexer TCA9548A (https://www.adafruit.com/product/2717 or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32647486...4c4d0TSkFn).

But how to programm the TCA9548A ?
sorry for my english, i'm austrian

I have a problem where I simply cannot get 1-wire to function again. I had it running the whole summer but some updates down the line it's now gone.

Symptoms:
There are no sensors available in the MCS app in openolotter, or in MCS SignalK plugin. Tried reinstalling both. There is an occupied i2c adress on 17 or 18. Inside the 1w bus folder there are two master folders and occasionally slave adresses but apparently wrong adresses as they mostly are 6b-0000000...

I've checked the sensors on the MCS board, still good connection there. There are three sensors in parallel and none working.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot further?
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 42.2 - All Openplottered and hooked up on online.
(2022-01-18, 08:09 AM)flybob Wrote: I have a problem where I simply cannot get 1-wire to function again. I had it running the whole summer but some updates down the line it's now gone.

Symptoms:
There are no sensors available in the MCS app in openolotter, or in MCS SignalK plugin. Tried reinstalling both. There is an occupied i2c adress on 17 or 18. Inside the 1w bus folder there are two master folders and occasionally slave adresses but apparently wrong adresses as they mostly are 6b-0000000...

I've checked the sensors on the MCS board, still good connection there. There are three sensors in parallel and none working.

Hi Flybob,
as described on github, we no longer support the OP APP. GitHub - Thomas-GeDaD/openplotter-MCS: APP for Openplotter 2.0 and GeDaD-Servermodul

We have integrate the Plugin for the MCS directly in SignalK so it is not longer a "workaround" through openplotter and more stable. We have many issues with the OP App because of fast and unannounced changes in Openplotter. Further it is a better and easyer Integration for the User to use it directly in SignalK. We will also provide Plugins for the I/O and the Analog Modul for the MCS.
You find the Plugin directly in the Appstore of SignalK:
GitHub - Thomas-GeDaD/SignalK_raspberry_MCS: SignalK Plugin to provide MCS functionality to SignalK

If you have further Questions, let me know.
(2022-01-18, 01:00 PM)glowntiger Wrote:
(2022-01-18, 08:09 AM)flybob Wrote: I have a problem where I simply cannot get 1-wire to function again. I had it running the whole summer but some updates down the line it's now gone.

Symptoms:

Hi Flybob,
as described on github, we no longer support the OP APP. GitHub - Thomas-GeDaD/openplotter-MCS: APP for Openplotter 2.0 and GeDaD-Servermodul

We have integrate the Plugin for the MCS directly in SignalK so it is not longer a "workaround" through openplotter and more stable. We have many issues with the OP App because of fast and unannounced changes in Openplotter. Further it is a better and easyer Integration for the User to use it directly in SignalK. We will also provide Plugins for the I/O and the Analog Modul for the MCS.
You find the Plugin directly in the Appstore of SignalK:
GitHub - Thomas-GeDaD/SignalK_raspberry_MCS: SignalK Plugin to provide MCS functionality to SignalK

If you have further Questions, let me know.

Yes I understoos this and uninstalled the MCS OP App, but still I cannot get around to why the 1w is not working while still finding the device in the i2c bus.

How should the configuration be regarding config.txt and loaded modules? 

Should the install script for MCS SignalK solve everything? Because it doesn't for me Smile
The I²C Adress 0X18 is the 1-wire Master. We use a "real" 1-Wire, not a decieved of the Pi.
What kind of issue you get with the installation script?
You can check: are the module entrys available?:
In 
Code:
/etc/modules/

are there the Modules "ds2482" and "wire"
Further is the systemd running??
Code:
sudo systemctl status mcsowire.service

You have an "old" System or a fresh bullseye?
Else, if you want, i can take a look on your system with anydesk.
(2022-01-19, 09:31 PM)glowntiger Wrote: The I²C Adress 0X18 is the 1-wire Master. We use a "real" 1-Wire, not a decieved of the Pi.
What kind of issue you get with the installation script?
You can check: are the module entrys available?:
In 
Code:
/etc/modules/

are there the Modules "ds2482" and "wire"
Further is the systemd running??
Code:
sudo systemctl status mcsowire.service

You have an "old" System or a fresh bullseye?
Else, if you want, i can take a look on your system with anydesk.

Does it matter is rPi 1w is enabled or disabled in rPi configuration?

This is an old system that has been running for over a year and updated from time to time.

I've got VNC already running, could we do it that way?

pi@openplotter:~ $ cat /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

ds2482
i2c-dev
wire
i2c_dev

pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo systemctl status mcsowire.service
● mcsowire.service - MCS owire start service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mcsowire.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Wed 2022-01-19 04:06:41 CET; 17h ago
  Process: 809 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c echo ds2482 0x18 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-1/new_device (code=exited, status=0/SU
 Main PID: 809 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.
pi@openplotter:~ $
Yes, VNC is also be o.k.
The error of the installation script?
You use DS18B20 right?

Send me a Mail (www.gedad.de) you find the contact data. Then we can talk and take a look on your System.
Hi Thomas,

I tried to switch to Bullseye 64 bit. But get an error with your MCS-signal K plugin
after install mcs-signalk plugin and running the postinstall script; 
Running into error, spi-bcm2835-overlay  not loaded
Also Serial interfaces /dev/ttysc0 etc. don't pop-up when configuring serial nmea0183 interfaces

I'm confused 
https://www.npmjs.com/package/signalk-raspberry-mcs  --> Bullseye not suported
https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/SignalK_.../README.md  --> Bullseye supported

Signal-k log:
-----------------
Aug 05 22:56:26 Error: Could not locate the bindings file. Tried: → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Debug/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Debug/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Debug/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Release/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Release/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/default/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/compiled/16.16.0/linux/arm64/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/release/install-root/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/debug/install-root/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/default/install-root/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/binding/node-v93-linux-arm64/bindings.node at bindings (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:126:9) at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1105:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1159:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32) at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/index.js:14:22) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1105:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1159:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32) at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/serialport/lib/index.js:2:17) { tries: [ '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Debug/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Debug/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Debug/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Release/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Release/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/default/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/compiled/16.16.0/linux/arm64/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/release/install-root/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/debug/install-root/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/default/install-root/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/binding/node-v93-linux-arm64/bindings.node' ] }

Aug 05 22:56:26 signalk-server running at 0.0.0.0:[object Object]
--------
Please let me/us know,

Regards  

Gerard
I think this aren´t only issues of the Plugin. Also from the Server. (Serialport is used from the Server, not from the Plugin)
As i know, Signalk is not ready for Bullseye at the moment=>
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...llation.md
Further I haven´t ever test the Plugin in with a 64 bit System. The Plugin works fine with a 32bit Bullseye.
Thomas
(2022-08-08, 08:17 PM)glowntiger Wrote: I think this aren´t only issues of the Plugin. Also from the Server. (Serialport is used from the Server, not from the Plugin)
As i know, Signalk is not ready for Bullseye at the moment=>
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...llation.md
Further I haven´t ever test the Plugin in with a 64 bit System. The Plugin works fine with a 32bit Bullseye.
Thomas

Thomas,

Got signal-k and your plugin working on bullseye 32 bit. Where it fails on 64 bit.
Serial interfaces and 1-wire does work.
Got two I2C sensors connected to your MCS board, how do i get this information into Signal-K, any suggestion ?

Thx

Gerard