This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK server node
I whant to install ServerK-node,

When I go to the appstore of signalK, i cannot find the plugin.

I trie to install by the command :    <  sudo npm install --unsafe-perm -g signalk-server  >

but I have error : 
Code:
sudo npm install --unsafe-perm -g signalk-server

/usr/bin/signalk-generate-token -> /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-generate-token
/usr/bin/signalk-server -> /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server
/usr/bin/signalk-server-setup -> /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server-setup
npm WARN react-markdown@4.1.0 requires a peer of react@^15.0.0 || ^16.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN html-to-react@1.3.4 requires a peer of react@^16.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

+ signalk-server@1.16.0
updated 1 package in 80.93s

So i try to install :  html-to-react and I have a message who say I must install : react-markdown
So i try to install :  real-markdown and I have a message who say I must install : html-to-react

So I m lock 
what can I do ? 

thanks hector
Bit confusing, the openplotter image has signalk server installed already?
yes, my ServerK work, but I can not find the plugin SignalK node server
(2019-07-02, 06:50 PM)hectorl2k Wrote: yes, my ServerK work, but I can not find the plugin SignalK node server

Is there such a plugin? Never heard of it, what does it do?
I use ipad application "WilhelmSK", where I connected my SignalK server.
I can view all information from the k server.
Now I try to make the return: I put a button on my screen and this one must for example turn on a light.

The SignalK-node server is able to do this

https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-server-node
i think your confused both openplotter and signalk server use node-red plugin for access to the gpio pins.
Hector, signalk-server *is* signalk - running in node on the Pi, it's the program which does all the work, plugins and apps run inside the server. 

I'm not familiar either with the wilhelmsk app (android version would be like christmas Cool )   or sigK alarms but one way to deal with them would be in node red - [Image: SWDtxDv.png]

The signalk built in node red can view signalk messages directly.
Okay, I understand,

and I installed it.

I am able to create anything from node-red to the ipad but i am still block/not able to get the info from a switch that I want to createon the ipad ( WilhelmSK)

which nodes should be take to read the value of a switch on the ipad ( WilhelmSK)

Do i need to create a path and then connect the switch on my ipad to the path. ?

Or which node i need to use for read the value of the switch ?

thanks,
Hector
You can use a "signalk-put-handler" node to implement a switch. Enter the path of your switch (don't include .value). It will get fired when you flip the switch in WihelmSK with the payload being either 1 or 0. 

Make sure you have signalk-node-red plugin v 2.8.3