This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudder calibration not working
Now a bigger problem! The android plugin had set some crazy values like setting slew to 99 (see post above) and there was no way to undo that (Signal K screen has only OK button, no cancel button).

I closed the android app completely and went in and edited the settings with SSH to restore sane values. When I restarted the android app, it reset the slew to 99 again and reset some other settings to bad values too.

It looks like the android app is storing settings locally on the android device instead of reading the new settings off the pypilot. Worse, when the android app starts up it seems to edit the settings on the pypilot back to match its local settings! How can I force the edits I make to pypilot.conf to persist when i reopen the android app? It is very bad if the android app stores settings locally because I can edit the pypilot settings with multiple devices so they should each pick up the changes made on any other devce and never store them locally.

And one more UI issue. The android version of the plugin doesn't corrupt the numbers in the -10, -110 buttons like the MacOS plugin did, but those buttons don't seem to do anything when I tap on them - the course doesn't change. The only working course change buttons are the ones on the web interface.

Messages In This Thread
Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-20, 10:16 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-21, 11:04 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 08:50 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 10:15 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-23, 12:16 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 08:23 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 10:12 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-29, 11:27 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-01, 12:12 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 10:44 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 11:11 PM