This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No touch on official 7" Touchdisplay
Hallo,

i have the problem, that i can not use the touchscreen to control OpenCpn. To control the "normal" raspbbery pi system the touchscreen works fine. Only in the OpenCpn program i can not use it.
When i tap on the menue items in OpenCpn nothing happens. With an external mouse everything works fine.
I tried to install OpenCpn on an Raspbian installation, all works fine there.

Any idea?
(2016-08-25, 06:58 PM)Jan Wrote: Hallo,

i have the problem, that i can not use the touchscreen to control OpenCpn. To control the "normal" raspbbery pi system the touchscreen works fine. Only in the OpenCpn program i can not use it.
When i tap on the menue items in OpenCpn nothing happens. With an external mouse everything works fine.
I tried to install OpenCpn on an Raspbian installation, all works fine there.

Any idea?

Have you switched on touchscreen in OpenCPN ?

Do you need a calibration of the screen ? Sometimes is your finger not on the right place. But then moving the screen must work.

I have used touchscreens before and they worked. With an usb connection for the touchscreen commands.

Bram
Yes, the option is on.
Its not a calibration problem. Outside of OpenCpn the touchscreen works perfekt. I can start OpenCpn with a double tap at the icon. I can use all other programs with the touchscreen. Only inside OpenCpn i can not use the touchscreen correctly. When i tap on the settings button at the menue bar, for example, nothing happens.
Same problem here...tap to open works, and some random menu items seem to work (e.g., Weatherfax, the GPS console, a couple of the other plugins) but none of the main menu bar items. My guess is that they are not encoded to respond to touch input. Ideas?
same problem here with a waveshare 5 inch display with usb touch
I have created a video which shows the issue:
https://vid.me/TKi7
Thanks for videoing...I have exact same issue. Developers seem to have forgotten to touch-enable certain GUI items, while enabling others.
With the 0.9 version still the same...
I haven't got a touch screen so I can't test this but in a forum I read: Installing "Two Finger Touch for Raspberry Pi Official Touchscreen" can work.
Code:
git clone https://github.com/pimoroni/raspberry-pi-two-finger-touch.git
cd raspberry-pi-two-finger-touch
./install.sh
Can someone test this?
I would like to test it but it seems that this was made especially for 7inch RPi screen. Mine is 5inch made by Waveshare with standard HID protocol

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk