This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics AIS
(2019-08-20, 09:07 PM)rafaelnfernandes Wrote: Mine is working, sort of...

Setup:
RPI 3, running OP 1.2, receiving AIS data from USB serial connection. Rpi is connected to Raymarine ES 75 plotter via plotter's Wifi.

There is a kplex entry to send all msgs to Ipad IP (also connected to plotter's wifi) via UDP port 2000.

Well, AIS target start to pop up a minute or two after Navionics is open on the plotter, but, I used to be able to receive depth as well...  (even before AIS was available) now, there is nothing I can do to receive depth info. Any ideas?

After the Navionics update, it lets me specify the IP address of the server (rpi) and choose either TCP/UDP, works brilliantly now.
quote: "There is a kplex entry to send all msgs to Ipad IP (also connected to plotter's wifi) via UDP port 2000." -- unquote

How to configure a kplex outgoing connection for AIS messages to Navionics in OP2 and SignakK 1.20 ?
Anybody has got advise?
(2019-07-24, 07:36 AM)holgerw Wrote: Hello, just an little Tip: 

UDP broadcast uses the last IP Adress in your Network. 
So with the standard 10.10.10.1/24 you should send port 2000 to 10.10.10.255 (or 10.10.10.0). 

These "0" and "255" IPs are normaly reserved, so there is no device with this IP. 
Eventually 255.255.255.255 or 0.0.0.0 could work, 
but why should anyone use adresses outside of his own (private) network?

Looking at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_address.

The important part is here:

Quote:A special definition exists for the IP address 255.255.255.255. It is the broadcast address of the zero network or 0.0.0.0, which in Internet Protocol standards stands for this network, i.e. the local network. Transmission to this address is limited by definition, in that it is never forwarded by the routers connecting the local network to other networks.

Looks like he's using that address exactly as intended.