This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting PCBs made?
I'll take the silence as a "no" then ...
(2019-06-20, 06:30 PM)rszemeti Wrote: I'll take the silence as a "no" then ...

I would take 2 if you proceed.
V2 boards finally turned up Cool

[Image: sQfcPAM.jpg]

Top left. 
Barometer, ds18b20 temperature, both current sensors & both voltmeters seem to be working straight away :Cooltill need to check NMEA multiplexer, DAC & RPM. But looking good so far.
Those look great!
(2020-01-28, 06:15 PM)PaddyB Wrote: V2 boards finally turned up Cool

[Image: sQfcPAM.jpg]

Top left. 
Barometer, ds18b20 temperature, both current sensors & both voltmeters seem to be working straight away :Cooltill need to check NMEA multiplexer, DAC & RPM. But looking good so far.

Will buy 2 if they are available ...Smile

Bart
Finally got round to sorting git out, this is very much a work in progress but pretty much works so far. Haven't tested the NMEA inputs or rev counter yet, or the DAC output, but the sensors work which is cool. Not so sure about the ACS712, for low current accuracy anyway. Might leave it out in a future version, maybe have a few different shunt values selectable with headers for the INA219.
Very happy with micropython, just seems so much more sensible than the arduino ide. I'm usung Thonny as a micropython editor, it lets you upload code straight to the ESP though there is an annoying bug which means sometimes quite a few goes to get them to talk to each other. But apart from that it's good, files just stay on the ESP so no need to remember what was loaded on , download and have a look Smile

But here's what there is so far should anyone be interested.
New fridge thermostat repository is in there as well.

https://github.com/boatybits/boatymonpy
That looks awesome! Congratulations!!
(2020-02-07, 12:30 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Finally got round to sorting git out, this is very much a work in progress but pretty much works so far. Haven't tested the NMEA inputs or rev counter yet, or the DAC output, but the sensors work which is cool. Not so sure about the ACS712, for low current accuracy anyway. Might leave it out in a future version, maybe have a few different shunt values selectable with headers for the INA219.
Very happy with micropython, just seems so much more sensible than the arduino ide. I'm usung Thonny as a micropython editor, it lets you upload code straight to the ESP though there is an annoying bug which means sometimes quite a few goes to get them to talk to each other. But apart from that it's good, files just stay on the ESP so no need to remember what was loaded on , download and have a look Smile

But here's what there is so far should anyone be interested.
New fridge thermostat repository is in there as well.

https://github.com/boatybits/boatymonpy

Quote:
Quote:so no need to remember what was loaded on
Sad  Been there. how much to print and have the little parts installed.
(2020-02-08, 01:45 AM)ddelorme Wrote:
Quote:
Quote: how much to print and have the little parts installed. 

Works out at about £45 for 5 boards, and then you need some terminals & header sockets to solder on and an esp32 doit board. I've been using thonny ide to write & upload the python. - https://thonny.org/
(2020-02-07, 06:25 PM)Sailoog Wrote: That looks awesome! Congratulations!!

Just thinking a bit about the next one already, so just maybe.......

presoldered by JLCPCB:
ESP32 bare chip (or maybe 8266)
INA219 (x 2?) 
2 x ADS1115
BME280
AMS1117 3.3v regulator
RS232 chip for 2 x NMEA in/out
RPM input
Headers for arduino nano to get seatalk, or maybe atmega chip surface mount.

Plus lots headers etc, pads to program the esp with external  usb/ttl adaptor

Or something like that, just thinking out loud really but for not much cash you should be able to design  get a very powerful little board ready for some python to send lots useful data to SigK/influxDB Cool