This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get to openplotter from terminal
just did a successful upgrade of OP. Got greedy and tried to update some charts. Fell into an enc chart error loop and had to hard crash the pi.  Now upon reboot system appears to at least partially cycle thru the usual startup lineage, but gets to a screen that requires a “pi” password, AND refuses to accept it.  Using ctrl+alt+f2 I can get to the terminal and login into the pi, using the previously rejected username and password. 

How do I get to OP from there? Or am I destined to start from scratch....
Thanks in advance. Smile
try "openplotter" from the command line without quotes
(2019-07-28, 10:00 AM)Pp jim321 Wrote: try "openplotter" from the command line without quotes

Many thanks?

But no joy.. see attached log...appears a temp file went missing...

Is there hope? Or should I just rebuild....

Thanks again

Cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

Try taking out the card, inserting it in your PC and putting an empty file named "ssh" in your /boot directory. Make sure your PI is connected to your network with ethernet. Then when you get to the stopping point in your boot, go to a network attached PC and try to login via SSH. If you are using Linux, it's just a command line "ssh pi@<whatever the ip address of the pi is>". From a Windows machine, you can use Putty to do the same thing.

If you don't know the IP address of your PI, you can get it using a port scanner. In Linux, that's nmap. On an Android phone or tablet, use Fing. Sorry, I don't know the name of a good scanner for Windows, but I'm sure there are plenty out there.

I'm sure you probably already know this, but if you haven't changed the password, it will likely be "raspberry".

If all that doesn't work, and based on your screenshot, I think you are rebuilding your SD card. It looks pretty hosed. You might be able to do something by putting the card into a PC and trying to fix the drive.
personally i would burn the img. again and start anew ..then make a backup when it's all configured..
my backup has saved my ass a lot of times..but i do try to break things Smile
Agreed?
Got new images on card, with new issues 
Starting new thread 
Thanks to all