This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter and modbus sensors
How to connect sensors with modbus rs485 interface? Such this one: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/330197299...33edrfwCVi
This is wind direction and wind speed sensors with rs485 modbus interface.
Thanks.
Hello,

I want to buy same wind sensors.

I installed the Modbus client plugin for Signal K:

[Image: modbus1.png]

And there is a option to configure Modbus server, but I don't know how to configure it:

[Image: modbus2.png]

Anyone could help to configure it?

Best regards.
Thanks for answering.
This solution with SignalK modbus plugin works only with modbus tcp devices. But we have modbus RTU device. This is another type device with another connection. So we can't to use this connection.
add:
now we have also modbus rtu plugin based by modbus tcp plugin.
but I can't to solve one problem:
1. if we have connected only one device per one rs485 port it work normally.
2. if we use some modbus devices with different IDs connected to shared rs485 bus communication (it is normal situation for modbus communication) has been stopped. I think that reason is uncorrect timing for querrying beetwen different IDs of devices). I don't know how to solve this problem.
(2023-03-29, 12:41 PM)sapers Wrote: add:
now we have also modbus rtu plugin based by modbus tcp plugin.
but I can't to solve one problem:
1. if we have connected  only one device per one rs485 port it work normally.
2. if we use some modbus devices with different IDs connected to shared rs485 bus communication (it is normal situation for modbus communication) has been stopped. I think that reason is uncorrect timing for querrying beetwen different IDs of devices). I don't know how to solve this problem.

Hello, I'm a newbie with Openplotter and Modbus can anyone provide a step-by-step guide how to connect this wind speed/direction sensors to openlotter which is on RPI3b+? Thanks in advance.
MODBUS over Serial Line has two transmission modes RTU and ASCII which are corresponded to two versions of the protocol, known as Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII.
Hello,
I also have 2 sensors (anemometer and wind direction) model PR-3000-FXJT-N01.
On a windows system with the modbuspoll program, with a speed of 4800:
-wind direction, displays data (ex: 0.0, 1.45, 2.90, 3.135, 4.180 ....).
-anemometer gives some values depending on the rotation speed
I connected these sensors via usb with a "usb-rs485 adapter".

Has anyone been able to bring data from them to signal k?
Can the direction sensor also display an intermediate angle (not only from 45 to 45 degrees)?
I connected them to the pi5, also via usb, they can be seen in series (ttyusb0 and ttyusb1), but I don't know which plugin to use to read data from them and convert them and bring them to signal k.
Thank you for the help.

Attached Files Image(s)

If I am not wrong, these sensors are meant to be used in weather stations and only provide 16 possible directions.