This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tack functionality does not work for me
Hi,

I use the tinypilotimage from 27.10.2020 too.
I don´t really understand why pypilot don´t set a new heading command when hit the "tack" button in the plugin (which I compiled from source) as it does in the video you show me. I tested it with the build in plugin of opencpn (with the gains issue) too without difference.

The calculations are done in pypilot which runs as tinypilot. In my understandings it doesn´t matter if opencpn runs on windows or raspian as long as the platform of tinypilot is the same cause it´s the same program where the calculations are done but there must be a difference.
As you wrote in an email you made the same experience like me when running opencpn on a raspberry so it seems that this is not only a special problem of my system.

I just want to write here that using the new tacking.py, copy this file into the folder of tinypilot and run pypilot.build bring tacking not alive. The plugin don´t break the connection to tinypilot as before but tinypilot don´t set a new heading command and therefore it will not tack.
So there´s more work left when using oc on a raspberry and not on a windows system.

Best regards

Andreas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tack functionality does not work for me - by Andreas29 - 2021-04-21, 02:22 PM