This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tack functionality does not work for me
Hi everyone,
About tack functionality I would consider 3 variables mostly:
- tack angle (i.e. 100°)
- tack offset (how far beyond the new course you let the boat go, depends very much on the boat, displacement, genoa size, etc. i.e. 10°)
- time from tack offset (the boat reaches the new course more or less slowly from the offset position depending on the boat ability to regain speed, i.e. 10s - also sets when the pilot goes back to regular engaged mode)
The standby button must remain active anytime (in order to abort the maneuver if need be)

Jibe would make sense in wind mode only...but remains the most difficult and dangerous maneuver on a sailboat, so I wouldn't do it (unless you want to sell helmets along with pypilot...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tack functionality does not work for me - by MBJ335 - 2021-10-04, 11:36 PM