This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to choose 'compass' mode when route is active
(2019-09-05, 05:42 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: You can compile from github yes.

Increasing the I gain will reduce the cross track error, but also increases instability if too high.

I don't think command+=300*xte is the reason you cannot stay on track
You might also need to tweak the xte gain as well as the I gain.

Also try alternative algorithms besides xte, or even implement and adaptive one if needed.

Thx, I have it now. I trawled through the Cruisersforum treads, so I understand the background, and I can see changes in the OpenCPN user interface when the plugin is enabled (Windows/ 5.0). Still, I am a bit in the dark with how it exactly works and how I can see it working in the lab, as I am not moving and don't have gps feed here. I guess it overrules the original OpenCPN autopilot NMEA messages and dishes out a smarter, more dynamic version of these messages?

What can I do with the 3 multiselect boxes in the preferences menu?

How should I interface to my Tinypilot? Still via the 20220 socket?
Yes, add a tcp connection to 20220. the pypilot plugin for opencpn also uses signalk messages which is on a different port.