This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspios 64 bits Raspian
I thought so. I guess there's more to it than the plug-in itself to make the charts work. Some binary blob or something like that must also be build for 64. We'll have to wait for the o-charts people to have a full 64 bit plugin.
Bram, could you please contact us at o-charts? we have the support for dongles in ARM64 ready for beta testing.
Any user of non Raspberry systems in ARM64 like Odroid?
Please contact us at o-charts if you want to test a dongle.
(2020-06-22, 08:47 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Bram, could you please contact us at o-charts? we have the support for dongles in ARM64 ready for beta testing.

Hi. Sailoog,

see my email to you.

Regards,

Bram
I finally build wiringPi by myself and after that openplotter-Pypilot works correctly in compass only mode. now, my system is fully functional over Raspi-OS64. 

For the VNC by now x11VNC does the job correctly and my RealVNC phone APP works perfectly with X11VNC. All mounted on a 128Gb Sandisk extreme gold SD... quite happy.
Hi Monos1,

thanks for all the information. X11VNC seems to work. Although I prefer the Realvnc server.

The wait is now for the Oesenc plugin to use the USB Dongle.

I also can confirm that the 64RaspiOS is an improvement in speed and stability. Now running on the kernel 5.4.47-V8+.

Perhaps the wait is for OpenCPN 5.2, which is almost ready. With the SignalK server and SignalK input in OpenCPN works very well..

And with the Canable canbus board or the Actisense NGT-1 I also have nmea2000 available.

With the SignalK Filter you can view what is going on in the SignalK server.

Here running on a Raspberry 4 with 2 GB. Works almost better then on my 64 bit AMD Mint system. Which I also use with most of the OpenPlotter options.

What a progress has been made form the beginning of the Pi.

Regards,

Bram
Oesenc plug is working in RaspiOS.

With the latest beta version of OpenCPN and the latest plugin manager now also the Oesenc plugin works with the USB Dongle.

But you have to make the following actions:

Remove the opencpn config. Will be replaced with a new one.

I also removed former fingerprints files.

Now you have access to the plugin manager and you can install oesenc-pi version 4.2.12.

Make a new fingerprint. There is no separate setting for a dongle fingerprint. After making the fingerprint my "old" Oesenc charts in combination with the dongle works as before.

Bram
(2020-06-26, 07:34 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: Oesenc plug is working in RaspiOS.

With the latest beta version of OpenCPN and the latest plugin manager now also the Oesenc plugin works with the USB Dongle.

But you have to make the following actions:

Remove the opencpn config. Will be replaced with a new one.

I also removed former fingerprints files.

Now you have access to the plugin manager and you can install oesenc-pi version 4.2.12.

Make a new fingerprint. There is no separate setting for a dongle fingerprint. After making the fingerprint my "old" Oesenc charts in combination with the dongle works as before.

Bram

Figerprint is no longer needed for use with the usb dongle. Encrypted charts see  the dongle. That is all.

Works now without problems on the 64 ARM RaspiOS.

Bram