This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
Hi Sailoog,

what I'am still missing is the switch to put the screen saver to off. I can simply install a screen saver and after installing it I can switch this to off. That works without problems. But you recommendation is to not install a screen saver. But the option in OpenPlotter is not yet working.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-12-10, 10:26 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

what I'am still missing is the switch to put the screen saver to off. I can simply install a screen saver and after installing it I can switch this to off. That works without problems. But you recommendation is to not install a screen saver. But the option in OpenPlotter is not yet working.

Regards,

Bram

This is already fixed in github and it will be included in next openplotter-settings app update with other improvements and fixes.
(2019-09-14, 06:33 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter 2 is in beta stage. Now OP consists of independent applications. For the first time, we open the door to the entire Debian family and even to other hardware. However, the most interesting applications remain exclusive for Raspberry.

Formats

SD images and NOOBS (basic): img and NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi. We will release at least 3 versions:
  • OpenPlotter Starting: Settings + Signal K + Xygrib + OpenCPN + CAN + Dashboards + Docs
  • OpenPlotter Headless: OpenPlotter Starting + Network
  • OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT: OpenPlotter Starting + Moitessier HAT + Pypilot + I2C
  • OpenPlotter À la Carte: OpenPlotter Starting + custom settings + selected apps
From Scratch (intermediate): you will be able to install OpenPlotter on any computer running any Debian based system like Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint...

OpenPlotter-gen (advanced): OpenPlotter-gen is a super-script to build OpenPlotter img and NOOBS files. You will be able to create OpenPlotter flavors easily.

Testing (NOT FOR PRODUCTION)

Option A: download an OpenPlotter pre-release img or NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

OpenPlotter Starting

2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

OpenPlotter Headless

Access Point SSID: openplotter  |  Password: 12345678  |  IP: 10.10.10.1 (openplotter.local)
Ethernet Bridge: enabled
SSH: ssh pi@openplotter.local  |  Password: raspberry
Remote desktop address: openplotter.local  |  Port: 5900  |  User: pi  |  Password: raspberry

2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Headless-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Headless-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT

0000-00-00-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
0000-00-00-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

Option B: Install OpenPlotter on any computer running a Debian based system (Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint...)

Open a terminal and install the dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install python-configparser python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson python3-pyudev whois vlc

To install the main app openplotter-setting, download the latest deb package from: https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...s/releases

After downloading the deb file, you can install it by double click or typing this in a terminal:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb

Go to Main menu->Others->OpenPlotter Settings and install the rest of apps from there.

Roadmap

Apps
  • OpenPlotter Settings
  • OpenCPN installer
  • Signal K Filter
  • Signal K installer
  • Xygrib
  • Network
  • I2C Sensors
  • OpenPlotter Apps Template
  • Pypilot (development)
  • Moitessier HAT (development)
  • Serial Devices Management (development)
  • CAN Devices Management
  • 1W sensors
  • Actions
  • Dashboards
  • SDR AIS
  • Kplex
  • Docs (development)

Translations

Translate OpenPlotter into your language here: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter

Helping us

We have developed an application openplotter-myapp which is a template with the basic structure of an OpenPlotter app with comments to make easier developing your own app or help us with any pending app. If you have python skills and want to help, contact us to coordinate.

Please report bugs adding [OP2] to the subject: http://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Hi Sailoog, nice work. Reporting: after upgrading to 2.0.18 beta, in OP Setting, the I2C app no longer opens and in the OP Network no more Addresses and Ports opens. Serial is finally operational !!! Grando! Congratulations again.  Tongue Smile
(2019-12-16, 10:32 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Hi Sailoog, nice work. Reporting: after upgrading to 2.0.18 beta, in OP Setting, the I2C app no longer opens and in the OP Network no more Addresses and Ports opens. Serial is finally operational !!! Grando! Congratulations again.  Tongue Smile

Ops, sorry I forgot to say that you should remove any previous defined I2C connection before updating openplotter-12c. If you have already installed it go to /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove all under [I2C] tag. Save and try again. I2C should work and probably openplotter-network issue will be fixed too. Please report.

The technical explanation: we have changed the way we keep config settings from python arrays to python dictionaries. Using dictionaries makes easier changing things in the future without breaking anything but we have to break things now because we are in beta stage.

New images and NOOBS files today.
(2019-12-17, 11:04 AM)Sailoog Wrote: The technical explanation: we have changed the way we keep config settings from python arrays to python dictionaries. Using dictionaries makes easier changing things in the future without breaking anything but we have to break things now because we are in beta stage.

Hi Sailoog,
do you change that directly in the config.py or do I have something to change the way I read/write the config?

(2019-12-17, 12:02 PM)glowntiger Wrote:
(2019-12-17, 11:04 AM)Sailoog Wrote: The technical explanation: we have changed the way we keep config settings from python arrays to python dictionaries. Using dictionaries makes easier changing things in the future without breaking anything but we have to break things now because we are in beta stage.

Hi Sailoog,
do you change that directly in the config.py or do I have something to change the way I read/write the config?

This change does not affect you. Nothing changed to read/write the config file. You are using arrays to save your data and this will keep working, if you want to switch to dictionaries you can too. It is easier because with awways you have to deal with items positions (data[0]) but with a dictionary you can refer items with keys and it makes easier to add or remove items (data['mykey'])
New images and NOOBS files available: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...0#pid10280

Now working on pypilot and moitessier HAT and then we will publish the final release candidate.

We need translators now: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter

Thanks!
Please provide instructions on how to get Daisy Hat working with Raspberry Pi 4 and OpenPlotter v2.0. What are the serial configurations needed to use the hat plugged into the R Pi 4 GPIO?
(2019-12-17, 06:20 PM)Latitude Wrote: Please provide instructions on how to get Daisy Hat working with Raspberry Pi 4 and OpenPlotter v2.0. What are the serial configurations needed to use the hat plugged into the R Pi 4 GPIO?

Unfortunately we do not have any Daisy Hat to test. Could you provide details about it?
(2019-12-17, 06:20 PM)Latitude Wrote: Please provide instructions on how to get Daisy Hat working with Raspberry Pi 4 and OpenPlotter v2.0. What are the serial configurations needed to use the hat plugged into the R Pi 4 GPIO?

Try this:

- Install and open "Serial" app.
- Click on UART button, accept and reset.
- Open again Serial app and you should see a new device in the list: ttyS0
- Select this device and provide an alias "daisy" and select NMEA 0183.
- click Apply

- Then go to "Connections" tab, select the device and click on "Add to signal K"
- Select 38400 bauds and click "Auto".
- Signal K will restart and you are done. You should get data in SK.

From Daisy page:
Note: On the Raspberry Pi 3 and 4, UART0 is occupied by the built-in Bluetooth radio. Bluetooth may not be available when using the dAISy HAT.