This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-10-06, 05:07 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Any error in /var/log/syslog?

I'm getting hostapd errors in syslog about every 3 seconds, so it was pretty overwhelmed with them. 

After I did "cat /var/log/syslog | grep signalk", I got this:
Code:
Oct  6 10:36:19 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started signalk.service.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]: Could not parse security config
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/.signalk/security.json'
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:88
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:         throw e
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:         ^
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]: Error: libnode.so.64: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:807:18)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:692:17)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at bindings (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:81:44)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:1:36)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:30)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi signalk-server[12599]:     at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: signalk.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: signalk.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: signalk.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: signalk.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopped signalk.service.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: signalk.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: signalk.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct  6 10:36:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start signalk.service.
Looks like security.json isn't there (among other things).
what happens if you add manually /home/pi/.signalk/security.json?
Does .signalk folder exist?
Yes, .signalk folder is there, just security.json isn't there. But....

I started investigating libnode.so.64. It wasn't there. I found I could install it with the "libnode64" package, but Signalk still wasn't starting.

It turns out that when I installed libnode64, it removed the nodejs package, and when nodejs is reinstalled, it removes libnode64, which in turn removes libnode.so.64.

I installed libnode64 and went to openplotter-setup. It showed SignalK as not being installed. When I selected it and clicked install, I could tell from the progress screen that the nodejs package was being installed, so, again, libnode.so.64 was being removed, so signalk wouldn't start.
Do not install libnode64 from debian buster because we need node from node repository.
Are you on Raspbian?

I am not a node expert but it seems to me that you have a failed installation of @serialport node module.

uninstall and install manually signal k to see if you get any error while installation:

sudo npm uninstall --verbose -g signalk-server
sudo npm install --verbose -g signalk-server
(2019-10-06, 06:37 PM)Sailoog Wrote: sudo npm uninstall --verbose -g signalk-server
sudo npm install --verbose -g signalk-server
Okay, that's weird:
Code:
gyp WARN EACCES user "root" does not have permission to access the dev dir "/root/.node-gyp/10.16.3"
gyp WARN EACCES attempting to reinstall using temporary dev dir "/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/.node-gyp"

Of course, that led to several errors like this:
Code:
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/.node-gyp'
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.19.66-v7l+
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings
gyp ERR! node -v v10.16.3
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
gyp ERR! not ok

Is that right? Is user "root" being used?   I just looked there, and there's a whole bunch of hidden folders.
ops sorry, try this:

sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm signalk-server
Just a bunch more errors and SignalK not starting.

Can you confirm that you have libnode.so.64 on your system? If not, perhaps I need to look at why that file is being searched for.
(2019-10-06, 12:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote: in red
(2019-09-30, 08:52 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Thanks…. ;-)
a further question:
I´m a little bit confused Huh Confused
on your new i2c app you use a signalk key to be send like: 
"OPsensors.I2C."+name...
that is not a SK key, it is the source of the SK key. The key is "path"
The fast explanation: when SK data is converted from NMEA (0183 or 2000) the key used to define sources is "source" (https://github.com/SignalK/specification...lta-format)
but when you are creating custom data you have to use the key "$source" to define the source, as you can see in the i2c example you sent.

To understandable:
Must the key send conform to the signalk reference? : https://github.com/SignalK/specification...cs/keys.md
or can I send like OPsensors.1wire.Outsidetemp and map the data in signalk ?
You can send your own keys but it is recommended that you use the SK reference so third party applications can know what data are they dealing with.
Until now I have never used signalk  Angel 

Is there anywere a file were i can found all Keys for menü construction? In your selectKey.py there is a reference to "keyswithmetadata.json". I can not found the file? I have installed signalk...
After installing SK that file sis in /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@signalk/signalk-schema/dist/keyswithmetadata.json
You have an example to select the SK in i2c app, let me know if you have any doubt.

Hi Sailoog,
thanks for awnsers.
I did not have this path... signalk is installed and run´s Huh  : /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/
Now I would do it like this: I have make an file in the data file with all useable keys. If there are more I can edit this file.
This content i use in the 1-wire edit menu.... :  https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/openplot...a/speckeys
Do you think this is o.k.?
Hi Sailoog,
i have seen you published a new deb version.
I have Install the 2.0.11 but can device is also not availible. Is this correct?
(2019-10-14, 10:00 AM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi Sailoog,
i have seen you published a new deb version.
I have Install the 2.0.11 but can device is also not availible. Is this correct?

Hi, I've already installed the new version 2.0.11. I had to turn the R4 off and on and everything shows up.  Smile Tongue