This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-10-14, 10:34 AM)Max1947 Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 10:00 AM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi Sailoog,
i have seen you published a new deb version.
I have Install the 2.0.11 but can device is also not availible. Is this correct?

Hi, I've already installed the new version 2.0.11. I had to turn the R4 off and on and everything shows up.  Smile Tongue

mh... did not work for me... Huh

Edit: I now have done it by clone the repro and Install. now it works...
Now trying 2.11. I had to disable overscan to remove the Black margin around the display. Once done, everything seems OK !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Hi Sailoog,
first I finished the app. All works. (as far as I can test it)
Can you take a look at this and add it to openplotter Settings?
https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/openplotter-MCS
Thank´s
Thomas
Hi Sailoog, forgive the N00b question but, I have copied the v2.0.11-beta file to my SD card and my Rpi4 doesn't see it. I have ran the sudo code as stated.  I didn't extract it, is that necessary (to extract a .deb file)?

I did extract the zip file and loaded those files to SD but still nothing.  

What folders on the Rpi would I check as I can't even find the files when searching *openplotter

I'm open to any links or videos someone has as I am missing something simple I think.  Yes, I am low on the learning curve still. 

Thanks in advance!
(2019-10-19, 11:27 AM)kailolo Wrote: Hi Sailoog, forgive the N00b question but, I have copied the v2.0.11-beta file to my SD card and my Rpi4 doesn't see it. I have ran the sudo code as stated.  I didn't extract it, is that necessary (to extract a .deb file)?

What folders on the Rpi would I check as I can't even find the files when searching *openplotter

I'm open to any links or videos someone has as I am missing something simple I think.  Yes, I am low on the learning curve still. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kailolo,
you can directly download it with the pi.
I think it´s the easiest. Take you pi with a monitor. Go to the .deb downloadside and download it.
go to /home/pi/download and copy the file to /home/pi.
Then you can run the sudo code....
(2019-10-19, 11:27 AM)kailolo Wrote: Hi Sailoog, forgive the N00b question but, I have copied the v2.0.11-beta file to my SD card and my Rpi4 doesn't see it. I have ran the sudo code as stated.  I didn't extract it, is that necessary (to extract a .deb file)?

Thanks in advance!

In the past there has been an noobs.img provided by the openplotter people with openplotter and all the requirements included (this is not yet available). Openplotter 2 is still in Alpha stage, this means it is only meant for those people with a better understanding of how Linux and RPi etc work. (I am not included in that but I still did it anyhow and so can you)
That being said its is not all that difficult but it does require a few more steps then what you are used to.

1. Follow these instructions and get Buster (the new OS for your RPi) installed 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

2. You will then boot up your newly loaded RPi and set up "Buster",

Once you have Buster set up and running with internet etc.. then

3.  go ahead and reboot one more time just to be sure and when it is done booting, open a terminal window and execute these commands (you can cut and paste each line at a time and then hit enter

sudo apt update
sudo apt install python-configparser python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson whois

4.  Then go to the openplotter repository https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...s/releases
using the browser on the RPi and download https://github.com/openplotter/openplott....0.11-beta 
Or which ever is the latest version... once it is downloaded then simply double click the file and it will ask you if you would like to install this package.. 
The answer is yes.. 

5. once that has been installed you will find the <openplotter 2 setting tab> under the "other" tab of the Raspberry's main menu. 
From there you will see a list of other packages you can install like pypilot and the moitessier hat settings/driver signal k etc... you have to install the ones you use... not like before where it was all installed in one go.

Hope that helps.
(2019-09-14, 06:33 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter 2 is in alpha stage. Now OP consists of independent applications. For the first time, we open the door to the entire Debian family and even to other hardware. However, the most interesting applications remain exclusive for Raspberry.

Testing

You can test it installing the latest Raspbian. Since we do not need the recommended software, we recommend just Raspbian Buster with desktop. Then, open a terminal and install the dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install python-configparser python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson whois

and finally you have to install openplotter-settings, the main application. Go to the repository and download the latest deb package: https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...s/releases

After download the deb file, you can install it with double click or typing this in a terminal:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb

To open OpenPlotter 2 and start playing with it go to the Main menu->Others->OpenPlotter settings. You must install the rest of applications from the list in OpenPlotter Settings.

Roadmap

Alpha Stage
  • OpenPlotter Settings
  • OpenCPN installer
  • Signal K installer
  • Xygrib
  • Network
  • I2C Sensors
  • OpenPlotter Apps Template
  • Pypilot (development)
  • Moitessier HAT (development)
  • Serial Devices Management (development)
  • CAN Devices Management
  • OpenPlotter-Gen (img and NOOBS files)
Beta Stage
  • Translations
  • 1W sensors
  • Actions
  • Dashboards
  • SDR AIS
  • Kplex
  • Signal K filters
Release Candidate
  • Translations
  • Docs
OpenPlotter v2 image and NOOBS release
  • Using this new structure we will be able to add new applications without waiting for a new major release (OpenPlotter 3).
Formats
  • Basic: we will have the usual img and NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi.
  • Intermediate: you will be able to install OpenPlotter on any computer running any Debian based OS like Ubuntu, Mint...
  • Advanced: OpenPlotter-Gen is a super-script to build OpenPlotter images and NOOBS files from scratch. You will be able to create OpenPlotter flavors easily.
Helping us

We have developed an application openplotter-myapp which is a template with the basic structure of an OpenPlotter app with comments to make easier developing your own app or help us with any pending app. If you have python skills and want to help, contact us to coordinate.

Please reply to this post your questions, feature requests and bug reports...

Hi Sailoog, are there any news?  Big Grin Tongue Heart
Is anyone else having troubles installing the Moitessier Hat drivers etc? I am getting an error I am not sure how to get past it... I did try to reinstall it several times.

EDIT: nevermind... a couple of reboots and it straightened itself out... so a word of caution, its probably wise to suggest installing the apps in the order they appear, I installed the hat before I did the IC2 sensor app and I believe that is what caused the hiccup with the drivers.

Attached Files Image(s)

(2019-10-22, 11:27 PM)rastam4n Wrote: Is anyone else having troubles installing the Moitessier Hat drivers etc? I am getting an error I am not sure how to get past it... I did try to reinstall it several times.

EDIT: nevermind... a couple of reboots and it straightened itself out... so a word of caution, its probably wise to suggest installing the apps in the order they appear, I installed the hat before I did the IC2 sensor app and I believe that is what caused the hiccup with the drivers.
[quote pid='10633' dateline='1571783279']
Ciao,

[img][Image: YrhH5S.jpg][/img]

[/quote]
Sorry guys, you know last week was hard here in Catalonia...
Back to the work.

Do not try to install moitessier drivers yet, they are only for RPi3.