This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] kplex crashes if openvpn started
Hi all,
I configured openplotter 0.8.0 on a rasp PI3.
After that I added openvpn, but if I activate openvpn service the kplex dies with segmentation fault.
I remark that openplotter 0.8.0 works correctly, openvpn stand alone works correctly.
Also using the last version  kplex 1.3.2  I see the same behaviour.
The issue seems on udp part input connection.
Davide

Code:
pi@raspb13:~ $ sudo service openvpn stop
pi@raspb13:~ $ kplex -d9 -f kplex.conf.udp
kplex DEBUG: Using config file kplex.conf.udp
kplex DEBUG: kplex starting, config file kplex.conf.udp
kplex DEBUG: system_input: BINDTODEVICE succeeded on device lo
kplex DEBUG: udp interface system_input listening on 127.0.0.1, port 10110

^Ckplex DEBUG: Cleaning up data for exiting input interface system_input id 10000
kplex DEBUG: Kplex exiting
pi@raspb13:~ $
pi@raspb13:~ $ sudo service openvpn start
pi@raspb13:~ $ sudo service openvpn status
● openvpn.service - OpenVPN service
  Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openvpn.service; enabled)
  Active: active (exited) since Thu 2016-04-28 09:13:02 CEST; 17s ago
 Process: 3798 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 3798 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  CGroup: /system.slice/openvpn.service

Apr 28 09:13:02 raspb13 systemd[1]: Started OpenVPN service.
pi@raspb13:~ $ kplex -d9 -f kplex.conf.udp
kplex DEBUG: Using config file kplex.conf.udp
kplex DEBUG: kplex starting, config file kplex.conf.udp
Segmentation fault
Code:
pi@raspb13:~ $ cat kplex.conf.udp
# For advanced manual configuration, please visit: http://www.stripydog.com/kplex/configuration.html
# Please do not modify defaults nor OpenPlotter GUI settings.
# Add manual settings at the end of the document.

###defaults

[udp]
name=system_input
direction=in
optional=yes
address=127.0.0.1
port=10110
device=lo

Thanks for reporting, I have reported this to kplex developer.
Response:

Quote:My guess would be that this occurs if the user has openvpn enabled before kplex is started.  I haven't looked at openvpn but I'm guessing that it's a weird point to point link type.

Part of the problem with kplex is that it tries to be too clever when trying to work out whether the user wants a unicast, multicast or broadcast interface.

To follow the case, please post the issue here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kplex

Thanks!
(2016-04-29, 12:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Response:

Part of the problem with kplex is that it tries to be too clever when trying to work out whether the user wants a unicast, multicast or broadcast interface.
mmmmh, but there isn't any option valid in kplex ( or I didn't find this) to configure the network interface, only ip address and [optionally] the device name, no netmask, no others.

Ok, I'll open a bug on kplex's forum.
Thanks

Davide
Hi davide,

kplex developer has done some work on this issue and he needs to test it, if you are still interested on fixing this, please post in kplex forum.
(2016-05-02, 01:35 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Hi davide,

kplex developer has done some work on this issue and he needs to test it, if you are still interested on fixing this, please post in kplex forum.

Hi sailoog, I did it.
Thanks in advance for the support.
Davide
Hi Sailoor and all,
Just For Your Information,
The maintainer of kplex has indentified the issue and temporarily has fixed the code successfully on develop branch.
Now I can redirect all data out thru the vpn.
I think next days Keith will make a new release of kplex.

Davide
Great! Thanks for your help Davide. OP v0.8.0 stable will have the future kplex release (1.3.3)