This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pi and motor controller in same box?
I see. I can't physically rotate the screen so I'll have to figure out something else.
Maybe you could put "landscape view" on your list of future enhancements?
I'd be interested to learn more about the hardware rotate option you mention though.

The buttons are not wired up yet, however I did keep that part of the original Autohelm circuit board so it is simply a matter getting it done some rainy day.
does the pi not fit inside at 90 degrees?

The hardware rotate uses a completely different circuit board. Another way is maybe just mount the box rotated 90 degrees.
(2020-10-30, 05:41 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: does the pi not fit inside at 90 degrees?

The hardware rotate uses a completely different circuit board.   Another way is maybe just mount the box rotated 90 degrees.

The Pi would fit rotated 90 degrees, yes. However, I epoxied it in so it will be next to impossible to get it out now. I would probably break both the display and the case.
I see, well I wonder how that will hold up to temperature changes.