This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using moitessier hat and GPIO
(2019-12-20, 07:23 PM)Blue Ocean Wrote:
(2019-12-10, 05:11 PM)Ranur Wrote: So with some of the brain trust collected as contributors in this thread, I'll continue to post some of my newbie questions here. I decided to go with  SigkSens and installing the shabang went smooth. No warnings or any red text whatsoever when compiling. BUT when I get here: https://github.com/mxtommy/SigkSens/wiki...k-settings, the D1 mini does not show up on my network. Any idea why? I am stuck!

Edit: It might have been that I had left out the SPIFF - troubleshooting...

You did better than I did. After following the above tutorial I’m unable to compile:
Code:
In file included from D:\arduinoIDE\portable\sketchbook\libraries\uSSDP-master\uSSDP.cpp:10:0:
D:\arduinoIDE\portable\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.6.3/tools/sdk/include/ip_addr.h:71:34: error: declaration of C function 'uint32 ipaddr_addr(const char*)' conflicts with uint32 ipaddr_addr(const char *cp);
----
Error compiling for board LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 mini Pro.
Fixed.
With the help of Butch on slack; he uploaded a changed library for uSSDP here:
https://github.com/mxtommy/SigkSens/blob...gkSens.zip
(2019-12-10, 05:11 PM)Ranur Wrote: So with some of the brain trust collected as contributors in this thread, I'll continue to post some of my newbie questions here. I decided to go with  SigkSens and installing the shabang went smooth. No warnings or any red text whatsoever when compiling. BUT when I get here: https://github.com/mxtommy/SigkSens/wiki...k-settings, the D1 mini does not show up on my network. Any idea why? I am stuck!

Edit: It might have been that I had left out the SPIFF - troubleshooting..
Need help with an SigKSens issue. I have two D1 Minis. Got the SigK loaded over to both of them end everything was grand and dandy. But then (I KNOW -if it's not broke don't fix it right?) I decided to change the input data types of one of them. So I soldered the MPU 9250 to the D1, made the changes in the config.h acordingly and reflashed. 
My fiorst problem was a very unstable connection to the "Unconfigured Sensor" with lots of attempts to set it to the home wifi. Secondly, it shows in the serial terminal in Arduino that it checks onto the the network, but it never quite makes it. Instead I get the following msg:
: 10.10.10.157
Connected to Wifi!
reading config file
opened config file
Current Configuration:
{}failed to load json config

I have tried to reflash it a couple of times, but with same result. So question from a newbie is. Have I toasted my D1 mini, OR might it be because the MPU 9250 is connected before the unit is properly configured that I get these problems. Any assistance highly appreciated. 
Oh and merry Christmas to y'all!
Have you tried without the mpu connected? Maybe it is doing something to the voltages of the esp.
(2019-12-25, 03:45 PM)Blue Ocean Wrote: Have you tried without the mpu connected? Maybe it is doing something to the voltages of the esp.

Dunno - that was one of my potential guesses. 
*heating up the iron*

Edit 1:
Removed the 3,3V and the interupt and reflashed it with "blink" and then SigKSens again and tried. Old configs still present. Flashed another wifi sketch onto the d1 mini - then back to SigkSens and voila - after some hassle getting connected to "Unconfigured Sensor",it's now configured. At least without the 9250.

Let's get it configured and get the good ol' iron back out!

Edit 2:
Config first - then solder. MPU 9250 is now up and running. :-)
Paddy, 
I believe you helped me pointing me towards the SignkSens earlier. I've run into another challenge now with my MPU 9250. I have added the sensor to my D1 mini and set the path to navigation.attitude.
When looking up sensor info i get this:
... websocketClientConnectedPort":3000,"websocketClientConnected":true,"sensors":[{"address":"Local","type":0,"attrs":[{"name":"systemHz","signalKPath":"sensors.D1MiniCompass.systemHz","value":"2537.00"},{"name":"freeMem","signalKPath":"sensors.D1MiniCompass.freeMem","value":"16488"},{"name":"uptime","signalKPath":"sensors.D1MiniCompass.uptime","value":"85.24"}]},{"address":"0x68","type":4,"attrs":[{"name":"tempK","signalKPath":"navigation.attitude.temperature","offset":0,"scale":1,"value":"304.64"},{"name":"yaw","signalKPath":"navigation.attitude","offset":0,"scale":1,"value":"0.5835"},
{"name":"pitch","signalKPath":"navigation.attitude","offset":0,"scale":1,"value":"0.0458"},
{"name":"roll","signalKPath":"navigation.attitude","offset":0,"scale":1,"value":"-0.0845"}......

I would think that I would get the values right. However, when I look up the sensor in my signal K instrument panel, the attitude sensor is added, but it displays this:
navigation.attitude
yaw: -.----°
pitch: -.----°
roll: -.----°

So no numbers.
When setting up a subscribe node in node red, and subscribing to navigation.attitude i get a value that resembles the value I should get from "roll". What to do? How do I get the data where it is supposed to be. I tested (wrongly) to declare navigation.attitude.yaw etc as three separate sensors, but I assume that's not how its's supposed to be done. Help! :-D
what are you doing for calibration on the MPU 9250.?
what are you tying to accomplish.?
its normally connected to the pi wth I2C to use the scripts from pypilot..
(2019-12-26, 01:49 PM)jim321 Wrote: what are you doing for calibration on the MPU 9250.?
what are you tying to accomplish.?
its normally connected to the pi to use the scripts from pypilot..
As per earlier advice I decided to hook it up to an esp 8266 - a D1 mini in order to stay away from the GPIO on the Pi. I am trying to get the data to the Pi through SignkSens. The calibration done is according to the wiki on https://github.com/mxtommy/SigkSens/wiki/Add-A-Sensor
i will have to try the setup when i get time it sounds like a good way to get i2c data to an x86 machine.
(2019-12-26, 02:50 PM)jim321 Wrote: i will have to try the setup when i get time it sounds like a good way to get i2c data to an x86 machine.

Ouch! Headache avenue just appeared. The new 2.0 OP has an I2C Sensor installer and a config program for pypilot. My 9250 doesn't show here. So maybe I was a bit easly in bringing out the champagne.
Hi Ranur. Did you ever find a good solution to your original question? Did you get a Moit Hat? I like your questions because I have all the same questions, and your newbie skills are better than mine! Thanks. Tom