This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP2 MQTT?
I did not know the SK plugin already installs a MQTT server, I though it was just the interface with SK data. That makes things easier.

Anyway, the openplotter-iot app will use SK notifications to set triggers on any SK key. Actions could be defined to react to these triggers. Actions will be: send SK data, send emails, activate GPIO out, send Telegram messages, publish Mastodon messages, run system commands, play sounds, show window messages, reboot and shutdown, take pictures...

And of course will make easy to install the SK MQTT plugin.
I tried the SK plugin a few times and it did not install the MQTT server for me. Maybe I am missing something.
(2020-12-05, 06:56 PM)Opie91 Wrote: I tried the SK plugin a few times and it did not install the MQTT server for me. Maybe I am missing something.

Screenshot of my SK-MQTT plugin config screen attached. 
Yours the same ?

Attached Files Image(s)

(2020-12-08, 09:59 PM)affinite Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 06:56 PM)Opie91 Wrote: I tried the SK plugin a few times and it did not install the MQTT server for me. Maybe I am missing something.

Screenshot of my SK-MQTT plugin config screen attached. 
Yours the same ?

Yes, but MQTT broker not installed when I installed the plug in. Tried it on a fresh install.

No big deal, broker is easy to set up in terminal.

Thanks
Did another fresh install of OP2 using the new image. Figured I would give the plugin one more shot and this time the MQTT sever worked like a charm.

Have no idea why, it just is.

Thanks for all your help everyone.