This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 - Tryng to get OP to work
Hello dear people,

I recently decided to give openplotter a try and since the Pi 4 just got released I got one of these to be a bit more future proof.
However I am a bit hardware challenged at the moment, meaning that my only option is to have the Pi work headlessly. 
( unfortunately I  cannot even connect with an Ethernet cable ). So I was hoping that I could connect via the Pi's Wifi access point.
It seems that the OP V1 version does not work with this hardware ( I only see a red light, no green light flasing and I do not see any networks )
With the beta of V2 I get to see green blinkenlights, but alas no network showing up either. 

Did anyone here get the Pi V4 to work yet? 

Thanks a lot!
(2019-11-11, 03:55 PM)SailorMacSailface Wrote: Hello dear people,

I recently decided to give openplotter a try and since the Pi 4 just got released I got one of these to be a bit more future proof.
However I am a bit hardware challenged at the moment, meaning that my only option is to have the Pi work headlessly. 
( unfortunately I  cannot even connect with an Ethernet cable ). So I was hoping that I could connect via the Pi's Wifi access point.
It seems that the OP V1 version does not work with this hardware ( I only see a red light, no green light flasing and I do not see any networks )
With the beta of V2 I get to see green blinkenlights, but alas no network showing up either. 

Did anyone here get the Pi V4 to work yet? 

Thanks a lot!
Hi ! OP V1 is running Stretch so don't work with RPi 4. OP V2 Beta works like a charm on RPi 4 !! Instructions !!

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
MatsA
Hi ! OP V1 is running Stretch so don't work with RPi 4. OP V2 Beta works like a charm on RPi 4 !! Instructions !!

Thank you. But how can I connect to the Pi without Ethernet? 
I would need it to be pre-configured as an access point so I could access it via Wi-Fi.
Or is there an option to do that via USB?

Thanks!
Ah. No worries found that:
https://desertbot.io/blog/headless-raspb...wifi-setup