This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot plugin graphical overlay - compass mode green line
(2021-09-17, 10:07 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Do you have the enable overlay in the config set?

Yup:

But again: on the boat, it works. Just can't get it to work when I simulate a boat in the home lab. Haven't gotten into the code of the plugin yet, to see what are the requirements for those vectors to show. Hope you can tell.

Attached Files Image(s)

pypilot must be enabled and there needs to be a gps fix it seems.
That might be it. I'm sending it GPRMC and GPGLL messages both through 'Forward NMEA' and through TCP/20220, but I only have options Compass and Wind - no GPS or True wind - consistent with the lack of GPS data. Don't understand the need for a GPS fix to show those vectors though.

But back on topic, simulating at home was because I forgot to check the original issues at the boat. Tomorrow at the boat I'll check them. The rest is academical.
It needs to know the boat position... and assumes without gps that the boat position is not really useful and arbitrary...
Freshly compiled on Ubuntu, the vectors work all right now, also in Heading up mode!

Thx Sean,

Attached Files Image(s)