This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading Offset Adjustment
Where can I set the heading offset. Would like  that the display shows the same heading as my compass.
Can you please describe what inputs you have, how they are configured and what display you are referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my configuration:
Raspberry Zero W with Tinypilot (latest download)+
Arduino Nano (Git download current version)
Nokia 511o Display
VNH20SP30
MPU 9255 Sensor
Motor Autohelm 4000 MK2

would like to operate autopilot in standalone, not intersted in Opencpn, because I use for navigation ONWA KP-39A (Plotter with AIS Transponder and Navionics maps), two Tablets with Navionics and wifi interface to AIS.
I am quiet happy with the set up. 
My old autopilot is an original ST4000 (Atohelm not Raymarine) and the wheel Autohelm 4000 MK2 (new version).

Since the boat is on the hard I can not test the setup on the boat and can only do bench testing (got an old 4000 Autohelm motor).
Noticed that the heading is different to the compass heading (offset). If I change course thhe motor stops rung, belive it has a time out. If I turn the sensor the motor starts runing and if I turn the sensor back it stops running. Therefore I think the system is working.
You can adjust the heading offset (difference in orientation of sensors in pypilot to the boat) by the calibration alignment. The level alignment also must be performed to get good compass readings.