This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Date Openplotter 0.9?
No feedback nor testing about power requeriments increase, in fact with this version I don't see so often the little icon upper right warning about power issues.

I am afraid there is not method to update with changes keeping settings. Try copying the file /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.conf, follow these steps:
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/tree/v0.9.0
and then replace the copied file. If have not been changes in the structure of openplotter.conf, it will work.
(2016-11-24, 07:11 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 05:59 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Need to reinstall OP and would like to try OP 0.9.0beta.
Can anyone provide link for downloading a compiled version and how to install?

Thanks

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

(2016-12-15, 06:58 PM)Sailoog Wrote: No feedback nor testing about power requeriments increase, in fact with this version I don't see so often the little icon upper right warning about power issues.

I am afraid there is not method to update with changes keeping settings. Try copying the file /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.conf, follow these steps:
and then replace the copied file. If have not been changes in the structure of openplotter.conf, it will work.

@Sailoog: Thank you for info. 
I noticed wifi is defined in /boot/config.txt and also ..../openplotter.config 
Have not tested which entry is taken, if there is a priority etc but had noticed connection problems after reboot.
My config has wlan0 for hotspot and wlan1/static ip  for network connected to i/net.
Is only awkward when working headless as I have to keep reconfiguring ip-adresses.

I would prefer to keep all wlan related stuff in config.txt and all other op parameters in the openplotter.config as config.txt can also easily be edited off site on the memorycard in the PC.

But that's just my 2cents, - thans for all your great work with op!
@Sailoog, thanks much for all of the work in pulling the pieces together in another great rev (0.9). Overall, my impression is that this latest version is much richer and deeper in terms of functionality. Just a couple of quibbles if I may:

-- USB Manager seems to need reset between starts. The address of my USB dongle (GPS/Glonass) is not remembered between uses of OP, such that I have to delete and add each time if I want to see it work in the NMEA 183 tab. I am using an externally powered USB hub if that matters.
-- Several OpenCPN 4.4 issues. I assume this is best taken up with that Forum, but just to document them:
-- OpenCPN "Forgets" chart directory at each reboot or use. I have to reselect the Charts directory and then rebuild the chart database. Annoying, but at least the charts are still there. Update: seems this is an issue with a lot of users...from the OpenCPN Forum:
"OpenCPN sometimes fails to save the .conf file. This seems to happen possibly when voltages are low. Having spent some time setting up comms, screen defaults, dashboards etc it is upsetting to see them all disappear and a start-up message appear. I have overcome this by saving a “good” opencpn.conf file as opencpn.x and writing a script linked to a desktop icon that removes the new .conf and replaces it with opencpn.x. If OpenCPN fails to open to the previous setup I stop it, click the reset icon and then start OpenCPN again." http://opencpn.org/ocpn/node/315
-- Touchscreen (RPI Foundation 7" capacitive touch display) still not working well for the "Menu Bar" items. I can pan and zoom charts but cannot touch-select menu items from bar. As all modern MFDs (and laptops, tablets) are touch-activated, this is a big stopper for me.
-- Certain SignalK tools don't seem to work for me. When I click on Browser Apps in the SignalK Node Server page, here's what I see:
- InstrumentPanel - doesn't seem to work at all. Configure and configure widgets don't seem to do anything. Connect asks to choose a SignalK server but lists none. I am doing something wrong here?
- MapTracker -- great map of the Helsinki area...but how do I link to the charts I have downloaded for OpenCPN?
- SailGauge - seems to work ok
- SimpleGauges - seem to work ok

Thanks again!

Drew