This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opencpn not open in Openplotter 0.8.0
Hello
  • I download Openplotter 0.8.0 RPI and check the SHA-1
  • I extract zip image and burn in SDcard 8Gb, whit command dd
  • In RP2 boot is normal, OpenPloter work, but Opencpn not work !!
- Im terminal when run Opencpn appear msg " Illegal instruction " in window mode not show msg.

- used other sd card (16Gb) and the problem continued

- someone help?

Tanks
Edson
(2016-11-05, 07:36 PM)Wailemann Wrote: Hello
  • I download Openplotter 0.8.0 RPI and check the SHA-1
  • I extract zip image and burn in SDcard 8Gb, whit command dd
  • In RP2 boot is normal, OpenPloter work, but Opencpn not work !!
- Im terminal when run Opencpn appear msg " Illegal instruction " in window mode not show msg.

- used other sd card (16Gb) and the problem continued

- someone help?

Tanks
Edson

I'm afraid you are running a RP 1 instead of RP 2. Opencpn and signal k don't work on RP 1 and zero.
Unfortunately it seems to be using an RP model 1 B +
Tanks
Hello!

I have the same issue than Wailemann encountered. I installed the OpenPlotter RPI v0.8.0 image on a RPi2 Model B. OpenPlotter works, but OpenCPN does not open. I also get the "Illegal instruction" when trying to run OpenCPN from the ~/.opencpn directory in terminal. Any suggestions on how to get OpenCPN to run? Thank you.

Mike

PS, I might add that the same SD card plugged into my RPi3 does allow me to run OpenCPN.
Turns out there are two versions of CPU in the RasPi-2. My guess is the version of opencpn in openplotter relies on the more recent version. Transpires mine is an old version so I can't run OpenCPN on version 0.8 of openplotter either.

Nevertheless, I've got version 0.8 going to the extent that kplex broadcasts the gps output from my Garmin 3 plus to my android tablet running OpenCPN.

Guess I could build a version of opencpn that ran on the legacy version of my Pi but it probably makes sense to get a more recent one.

Peter
I get exactly the same problem with my Pi Zero and I therefore think the Pi Zero W will also have the same issue. This is a real shame because I wanted the extra low power consumption of the Pi Zero so i could leave it turned on and not worry about power.
Why dont you just synch with github and compile on target machine?
I attache instructions which I used for your convenience.

Attached Files
.txt   compiling OpenCPN.txt (Size: 3.69 KB / Downloads: 170)
Maybe we need to compile the OpenCPN for the ARM processor? This link may be of help. I need to get a Pi3 with internet connection to do it, download the stuff, transfer the SDHC to my Pi Zero and compile it.

http://andersonsabroad.com/blog/raspberr...-software/
openplotter is not supported by raspberry 1 and zero because 2 of the most important tools are not compiled for their micros, opencpn and signal k. If you want to run opencpn and signal k on raspberry 1 and zero you have to compile the sources. OpenCPN on raspberry 1 and zero are close to unusable because performance.