This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moitessier HAT 2 roadmap
Can it be there is an issue with the new Moitessier driver? LAst night I did an APT-update / upgrade, after which the Moitessier app told me I needed an updated driver, as the current one was not compatible (bit weird, before the upgrade it was)
Installing the new driver failed. Uninstalling / re-installing failed, uninstalling and re-installing the Moitessier app did not fix this.
you got an new kernel in the update, so the moitessier driver has to be recompiled. you have to wait for new relase.
(2020-01-21, 10:46 AM)holgerw Wrote: you got an new kernel in the update, so the moitessier driver has to be recompiled. you have to wait for new relase.

Ah, thanks. I thought the new driver wás the new release  Blush
Yes, that is the expected behavior. Last night the Raspbian kernel changed from 4.19.75 to 4.19.93. your driver must match the kernel version. Kernel may be updated with "sudo apt update". Raspberry.org updates the kernel once per 1/2 month. The rooco servers will detect these kernel updates and will build automatically the new driver to be downloaded. It will take some hours to be available.

The new driver for 4.19.93 and previous kernels is already available, try again.

Craig in this new driver the SPI issue is solved, please try again and report.
Hi Sailoog, everything ok. with the new OP-Moitessier version: Both on PI3 and PI4, without MCS card. (I think that to adapt the MCS there are problems that Glowntiger has to find the solution). A note: in Pypilot the "alignement" window does not show everything, and there is no way to enlarge it. (or not what to do ..)+-

[Image: 3jWMEQ.png]
(2020-01-20, 09:04 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2020-01-20, 12:09 PM)craig Wrote: I installed the starter version, installed the Moitessier App, enabled SPI, installed the latest driver with the 1.4.0 suffix and the Pi went into a boot loop. It's exhibiting the same behaviour as when I installed the Moitessier NOOBS version. When I installed the driver, it gave the message that it would reboot and to run the script again and then wouldn't reboot after.

We are working on a fix for this issue and we will publish a new driver version soon. This behavior is described in docs: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...ation.html (hey this is the first time I can say RTFM to someone Tongue Big Grin )

But there is something strange. You shouldn't have had problems with the moitessier edition. Couldn't you use it even for the first time?

You win with RTFM Wink

The Moitessier edition on Pi3B+ and Moitessier v1 hardware, trying NOOBS and the Image version, started did a partition resize and then the 3 raspberries show up on the screen, the text in the bottom left showing driver loading and then reset and justed looped like that. I tried a couple of different SD cards, I thought maybe it was a corrupt image, but same result. Via the starter edition, as soon as I installed the driver (last step I took after SPI and so on) the unit rebooted and boot looped as well.

Do you need me to send you anything from the SD card? I left it boot looping for the moment and gave up trying to upgrade.
(2020-01-21, 12:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, that is the expected behavior. Last night the Raspbian kernel changed from 4.19.75 to 4.19.93. your driver must match the kernel version. Kernel may be updated with "sudo apt update". Raspberry.org updates the kernel once per 1/2 month. The rooco servers will detect these kernel updates and will build automatically the new driver to be downloaded. It will take some hours to be available.

The new driver for 4.19.93 and previous kernels is already available, try again.

OK,

I did a shift reset of the system, let it re-install the starter version. Installed all the Pi updates and rebooted. Activated the SPI, i2c and VNC interfaces. Installed the Moitessier App, installed the latest 4.19.93 driver in the Moitessier App. It rebooted at the end of the driver install with the message to e-run the script after reboot and went back into a boot loop. At boot up,  it loads up to the systemd-user-sessions.service and then hangs. I just followed the instructions. I noticed in the instructions it doesn't mention about the reboot requirement for the driver or the message to re-run the script that appears in the last line of the Moitessier App. It just keeps crapping out whenever I try and install it. It was all working fine on OP1, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.
(2020-01-21, 12:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, that is the expected behavior. Last night the Raspbian kernel changed from 4.19.75 to 4.19.93. your driver must match the kernel version. Kernel may be updated with "sudo apt update". Raspberry.org updates the kernel once per 1/2 month. The rooco servers will detect these kernel updates and will build automatically the new driver to be downloaded. It will take some hours to be available.

So, I just tried again, reset it with the SHIFT reset install. Fresh install of the starter version. Let the Pi Config tool set up the unit and install updates. Enabled the SPI and I2C interfaces in Pi config. Let the unit reboot and came up fine. Install just the Moitessier App, download the latest kernel driver for kernel 4.19.93 I think it was version 1.40.1 and then install that with the install button. The script runs in the script window, then at the end of the script and in yellow text in the bottom bar of the window, says it will reboot. The unit reboots and then never comes back up. I didn't install any other apps, enable any other interfaces, just followed the instructions to the letter to the driver install section.
(2020-01-21, 04:57 PM)craig Wrote:

So, I just tried again, reset it with the SHIFT reset install. Fresh install of the starter version. Let the Pi Config tool set up the unit and install updates. Enabled the SPI and I2C interfaces in Pi config. Let the unit reboot and came up fine. Install just the Moitessier App, download the latest kernel driver for kernel 4.19.93 I think it was version 1.40.1 and then install that with the install button. The script runs in the script window, then at the end of the script and in yellow text in the bottom bar of the window, says it will reboot. The unit reboots and then never comes back up. I didn't install any other apps, enable any other interfaces, just followed the instructions to the letter to the driver install section.

I should try to reproduce this. Anyone with RPI3+ and Moitessier 1 experimenting this issue?
(2020-01-21, 05:04 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 04:57 PM)craig Wrote:

I should try to reproduce this. Anyone with RPI3+ and Moitessier 1 experimenting this issue?
Cool, if you need anything from me, please let me know.