This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot_control questions
1 - How do I run pypilot_control? I've tried running it but get wx import errors. Apologies, I'm new to python, so fumbling around i could not find the wx packages. 

2 - I gather that I can run pypilot_control on an existing raspberry pi and connect to tinypilot. If that's true, how can I install it on an existing raspberry pi? 

thanks,
Bob
if you close the pypilot repository, you can:

cd pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install

You may have to install dependencies listed in the README. normally everything is installed already on openplotter.

Now, keep in mind, that since a month or so ago, the pypilot repository switched to a new format so you need tinypilot to run the new beta image. If not, then you need to checkout the older pypilot before installing it.
(2020-10-15, 07:12 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: if you close the pypilot repository, you can:

cd pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install

You may have to install dependencies listed in the README.   normally everything is installed already on openplotter.

Now, keep in mind, that since a month or so ago, the pypilot repository switched to a new format so you need tinypilot to run the new beta image.   If not, then you need to checkout the older pypilot before installing it.

Thanks Sean this was helpful.  

i don't run  openplotter, my intention is to write a remote display using e- paper. this is all new to me so it's slow going but making progress.