This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter 32bits SignalK install
(2020-01-05, 05:31 PM)e-sailing Wrote: My x86 Buster 32 bit (Raspberry Pi desktop PC) had the same issues.
You can work with nodejs 10 but you need to install npm (5.8 did work for me).
But signalk is not in the folder /usr/lib/node_modules. It is in /usr/local/lib/node_modules
Sailoog already merged the update which set the correct path to signalk in the file ~/.signalk/signalk-server.
So in future you only need to install npm and then openplotter-signalk-installer.

should we check in postInstall if npm is installed and install it with apt? it can not hurt.
Hi Sailoog,

I have no dongle here at hand. So I cannot try the latest Oesenc plugin 4.00. Hope the 64 bits version is becoming soon official. It is certainly an improvement.

I can report that the 64 bits version works very well here on my Raspberry Pi 4.

Install of OpenCPN, SignalK server etc. was very easy to do with your setup.

Great Job you are doing with the OpenPlotter system.

Regards,

Bram
(2020-01-05, 06:40 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 05:31 PM)e-sailing Wrote: My x86 Buster 32 bit (Raspberry Pi desktop PC) had the same issues.
You can work with nodejs 10 but you need to install npm (5.8 did work for me).
But signalk is not in the folder /usr/lib/node_modules. It is in /usr/local/lib/node_modules
Sailoog already merged the update which set the correct path to signalk in the file ~/.signalk/signalk-server.
So in future you only need to install npm and then openplotter-signalk-installer.

should we check in postInstall if npm is installed and install it with apt? it can not hurt.

Good idea!
When I did a new install I got also problems with node 10.15.2 (and npm 5.8 or 6.x).
(npm wasn't able to uncompress the node_modules/.staging folder     segfault during extract)
I got it working with
Code:
sudo su
curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.34.0/install.sh -o install_nvm.sh
bash install_nvm.sh
nvm install -s 10.18.0 --dest-cpu=ia32
node -v
exit
node -v

sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm signalk-server

It did compile node for 32 and takes an hour so I don' t recommend this way
i have everything working well on an X86 Ubuntu 18.04 64 i cant remember any problems with the install i am sure there was at least one hiccup