This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nokia 5110 display
Yes, I know, I had problems with this before...
Connected an Nokia display to the newest OpenPlotter image, and started the command pypilot_lcd which seems the new command?

I get the following error:

pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_lcd 
have gpio for raspberry pi
no lirc available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pypilot_lcd", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('pypilot==0.12', 'console_scripts', 'pypilot_lcd')()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 489, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2852, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2443, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2449, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.12-py3.7-linux-armv7l.egg/lcd/lcd.py", line 41, in <module>
    from ugfx import ugfx
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ugfx'
pi@openplotter:~ $ 

But I can't find how I can install that module ugfx
Thanks for reporting this. I don't think pypilot_lcd works with python3 just yet when run as pypilot_lcd.

Either run the lcd.py script directly with python3, or install pypilot with python2 and it will work for now.