This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPU9250 heading is slowly drifting
if pitch and roll are mixed up you likely need a 90 or -90 heading offset.
I have calibration working in python3 in git now.
Where is offset now?
Yes I can confirm that! Holding my boat against all 6 sides of a box in all kinds of directions so I get 6 points in directions in the acceleration sphere window.
And than it was calibrated, and also the compass was calibrated.

Great job!
I can not test it until tomorrow but I trust you Smile

I have applied latest pypilot changes to openplotter-pypilot 2.0.5-beta. If you have already installed this version do it again and repos will be updated. If no more issues are reported we will go to stable.

thanks Sean!
I was able to get the acceleration to calibrate and then set the alignment, but not the compass would not calibrate. The heading is slowly drifting about .5 deg/minute. Not completely convinced that my problem is not a bad batch of MPUs.

Ordered another one that should be here tomorrow. Ill try it out and report back.
It is sometimes possible to determine if the imu is bad by looking at the raw sensor outputs
Testing Openplotter on rpi4 4gig using Buster. Been experiencing issues with imu readings. Installed PyPilot 2.0.5 last night and readings seem to have stabilised. An issue I can’t resolve is the calibration alignment screen. The screen doesn’t display correctly, see screenshot, and I can’t adjust the compass offset. Display is using realVNC on an iPad 1024x768 also tried on HDMI but no different. Any suggestions.

have you tried it in full screen .?
the boat is not rendered with python3. This is an issue with the opengl driver on raspberry pi, and pywavefront does not handle it correctly. The driver reports that it has a particular function that the library does not define.