This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moitessier HAT 2 roadmap
I had the same problem with RPI3+ and Moitessier 1 and gave up as I also suspect a HW error of the RPI3+.
@ Sailoog: Do you want me to test RPI3+ and Moitessier 1 with a fresh install again?

PS: RPI4 is on order and test currently with RPI3 without Moitessier.
(2020-01-21, 05:59 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: I had the  same problem with RPI3+ and Moitessier 1 and gave up as I also suspect a HW error of the RPI3+.
@ Sailoog: Do you want me to test RPI3+ and Moitessier 1 with a fresh install again?

PS: RPI4 is on order and test currently with RPI3 without Moitessier.

yes please. Test with the latest OpenPlotter Starting edition, get the latest kernel 4.19.93:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

install moitessier hat app and try to download and install the latest driver package 1.4.1
I have tried the simple Moitessier img file (2020-01-13-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip) but can't get it to boot on my Pi4. The green light keeps blinking in sets of 5, nothing more. No output to screen at all. Tried different apps to write the image, no luck.
The Noobs image however worked like a charm. All set up and good to go, very nice! After updating to the the latest version of PyPilot even the compass / heel/ /pitch sensors were stable, and the scope button worked. (before I kept rotating, about 2 degrees per second, around all axes. No way to calibrate to stop this)

Sweet!
Here my test:

- Raspberry 3B+ and moitessier HAT 1
- Download and install latest OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT edition NOOBS file.
- In first boot skip the system update. kernel is 4.19.75 v7+, preinstalled driver match this kernel. Everything works OK.
- Reboot. Everything works OK.
- Update system to kernel 4.19.93 v7+ and reboot.
- Obviously the installed driver does not match the kernel and moitessier hat does not works. Download and update driver from openplotter-moitessier app to 4.19.93_1.4.1 
- Disable SPI and I2C from raspberry preferences. System hangs.
- Restart. The system starts nornally with SPI and I2C disabled so no data from the HAT.
- Enable SPI and I2C. Everything works OK.
- Put the same SD into Raspberry 4. Everything works OK.

Since it works for me in your same scenario, I do not think we should consider this a bug.

Craig please repeat this procedure and we will try to find out what is going on with your setup. Download the NOOBS file again, corruption sometimes happens.
Again????
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2252
Let's go there to try to solve this