This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[closed] [OP2] No connection when in "AP and station" mode
I have a problem with devices in the 10.10.10.0 net when networking is configured for ap and station.

In detail I have a GPS device with fixed IP 10.10.10.5 and the raspi 3b with openplotter 2 and the IP 10.10.10.1
In the network mode with AP only everything is fine. The GPS data comes in to OpenCPN and I can go to 
configuration page from the GPS with IP 10.10.10.5. 

If I enable the "ap and station" mode (with or without sharing internet) the GPS device is not reachable anymore. 
The GPS says in its configuration page (it has its own ap, so I can change the wlan and have a look) that it is 
connected to the openplotter wifi. But no data comes in and I can't connect from within the openplotter wifi or 
from the station wifi. 

Somebody else facing this?

Latest updates are done.
Hi

I have the same problem, i can read gps nmea data in opencpn, but gps wind and true wind is "grayed out"
Hi

I have the same problem, gps is working, i see my position in opencpn, and i can read nmea data in debug window, but gps wind and true wind is "grayed out" in autopilot control, only compass is ok
Quote:I have the same problem, gps is working, i see my position in opencpn, and i can read nmea data in debug window, but gps wind and true wind is "grayed out" in autopilot control, only compass is ok

Hi Skagenin my problem is not the GPS itself. My GPS ist connected to SignalK via the accespoint openplotter is generating. (Wifi net called openplotter) If I configure openplotter-network to use one of the WLAN interfaces of the raspberrypi 3 as accespoint and the other to connect to other WLANs the connection between openplotter an the gps gets blocked somehow i think.

The gps shows that it is connected to the openplotter wlan in its configuration page, that is why I think it gets blocked somehow. Firewall or routing perhaps.

Nevertheless problem is solved for me by adding wlan usb stick. So from my side the thread can get closed.
edit: found out how to edit the header, [closed] added