This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1
(2020-02-02, 10:11 PM)emilecantin Wrote: @Rooco, unfortunately I can't test these steps, as I already updated my HAT's firmware earlier. Thanks for the fix, though! Am I correct in assuming that a new release including these fixes will eliminate the manual step you mentioned above? That'd be great for other, less tech-savvy users.

Thanks for the input. The next release will automatically enable SPI and I2C interface in /boot/config.txt, if the Moitessier package is installed.
(2020-02-02, 10:11 PM)emilecantin Wrote: @Rooco, unfortunately I can't test these steps, as I already updated my HAT's firmware earlier. Thanks for the fix, though! Am I correct in assuming that a new release including these fixes will eliminate the manual step you mentioned above? That'd be great for other, less tech-savvy users.

New OpenPlotter images are in the oven for all editions. Moitessier package 1.5.1 will be pre-installed so only a big warning for Moitessier HAT 1 user will be neccesary, somethink like "Reinstall the package even if it works to update the firmware"
sorry but was solved but not anymore! Had the Moit-hat 1 working again and just performed update, upgrade and also updated the OP parts to the latest.
Rpi 4 with Moit 1

after reboot I lost network capabilities and cannot configure neither network nor I2C etc 
see yourself:

anything addl info I should provide to help solving this issue?
FWIW after some more testing:
- deinstalled moitessier hat, also disconnected from rpi4
- reboot
again in raspi config I see SPI and I2C switched on but OP check shows disabled !!!!
Any explanation for this????

- reinstalled moitesseier hat and OP Moitessier but no success

will now start with new install again.
You have really strange issues not related to Moitessier hat.

If you have updated to the latest kernel you should have 4.19.97 but you have 4.19.93.

Please try this:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

reboot

go to openplotter-settings and reinstall openplotter-network app from there.
Then open a terminal and type openplotter-network to see if you get any error.
Please open a new thread.