This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C won't run
I cannot open the I2C app 2.0.6-beta on Pi4

I click on it & all that happens is the hourglass appears on my cursor for 30 seconds or so & then stops.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled & still will not run.

What do i use the "Change Log" tab for in the settings app??

Also my Pi4 will not reboot, if I click on Reboot it will shut down but I have to turn off the power then back on & it will start again.

Any ideas!!

Can't wait for the documentation - what's there so far is excellent!! Smile
check that you have enabled i2c interface in preferences raspberry configuration..
(2020-01-23, 03:52 AM)ddelorme Wrote: check that you have enabled i2c interface in preferences raspberry configuration..

Yeah, this is done.
Is the device visible when you "i2cdetect -y 1". You should see the IMU address and your other device. If not check all your wires and connections
You have an error in I2C app. You have installed the latest version without removing the old settings as we warned. Open file /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove any data under [I2C] tag. After configuring the sensors again everything will work again.

Change log is to know changes in a new app version. We will start using that when reached stable stage.

Never heard about that reboot issue
(2020-01-23, 08:10 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You have an error in I2C app. You have installed the latest version without removing the old settings as we warned. Open file /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove any data under [I2C] tag. After configuring the sensors again everything will work again.

That was it, all working now thank you. Smile
I got the same problem. Installed all the latest software and configured the BM280 according to the instructions in the manual.

The connection is configured in SignalK, but I get no data. 

I see an open port on 0.0.0.0:51000 (using netstat), but when I connect with "nc" there is no data. 

I downloaded the python script from here: https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2016/0...in-python/ 
Using that script I get a proper reading from the sensor. My sensor is at 0x76, as it was noted somewhere that 0x77 does not work with SignalK.

Here is the output:
Chip ID     : 96
Version     : 0
Temperature :  23.31 C
Pressure :  1011.41716353 hPa
Humidity :  70.4410024284 %

So I assume the chip and connection is actually working.

Attached Files Image(s)