This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user, some questions...
Wow - that's busy - good luck! Smile

I've not heard of filtering of nmea0183 being required before, then I don't have as much kit as that, any stuff I've played with just ignores messages it isn't interested in. I don't have any filtering on any SK or any NMEA0183.

IMHO I'd be wary of sending everything through the Pi, one point of failure, Pi goes down you've lost everything though quick scan of your list looks like it could nearly all be done without going through the Pi, just have the pi listening. NMEA0183 can usually have about 4 devices listening to one device talking, just parallel the wires.
Haha... good point... but... in this case... why all this stuff? OP, SK, kplex, RPi... and so on... Smile Smile

The good thing is it seems to be working... with older v1.2 and kplex. When will be ready I'll make a second RPi, with identical config, just for safety reasons. Tongue

Till then, learning by "trial and error" seems to be the best way. Time and coffee consuming way, of course, but lucky me is still winter... Smile

PS: should I understand SK (without kplex) is still not able to do this kind of serial connections management? with filtering and so on, like kplex?

Thanks,
Seb
- SV Haimana
(2020-01-25, 04:41 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2020-01-25, 03:41 PM)sebba Wrote: Thanks for your input, i'll give a try ASAP, I have to familiarize with node-red first...
For now, my .js sentences files seems to do the job as required, even I have to make more files for different data (pressure, watertemp, airtemp and so on...)

Also, i still have that question about the kplex default "system UDP input, port 10110" which does not show data. Is it normal?

Sorry, can't help with Kplex, I think most people are now on OP V2, signalk does the multiplexing. Might be worth thinking of switching over to V2.

Hi PaddyB, I, too need to switch over to V2 but in my case I could use a bit of tutorial, kind of a "OP V2 For V1 Users" guide that could help people who are quite familiar with KPLEX but not all that versed in the power and use of SignalK. Does such a guide exist? Even better, a script that could take your V1 config and re-base it onto V2. Thanks!
(2020-08-15, 01:04 AM)Tigress Wrote: Hi PaddyB, I, too need to switch over to V2 but in my case I could use a bit of tutorial, kind of a "OP V2 For V1 Users" guide that could help people who are quite familiar with KPLEX but not all that versed in the power and use of SignalK. Does such a guide exist? Even better, a script that could take your V1 config and re-base it onto V2. Thanks!

V2 uses signalk much more, as signalk can do so much more Smile
But SigK isn't great with documentation, little bit about setting up inputs here >

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...exing.html

Worth starting afresh and having a play, maybe ask here if you get stuck, you can still have your old system on a spare sd card or saved to a laptop.